6mmBR repeaters?

Ballistol

In my never ending quest for the Holy Grail of rifles, I've just bought a 6mmBR single shot rifle and after reading an awful lot about this cartidge over the years, I'm expecting big things. However, on reflection, I've hardly read anything about 6mmBR repeaters.

This got me thinking, could I replace my .308 AICS with a similiar style rifle also in 6mmBR with reliable feeding from a 10 shot magazine.

Hell, I could even swap my Roe rifle for 6mmBR if it feeds from a magazine.

Any info on 6mmBR repeaters would be appreciated.

I think it's possible! They are known to be bad feeders my friend has a 6mm dasher in a 75 action but he is a gunsmith but I'm sure a good smith would be able to do something for you

rob

I think it's possible! They are known to be bad feeders my friend has a 6mm dasher in a 75 action but he is a gunsmith but I'm sure a good smith would be able to do something for you

rob

I tried some 6BR dummy rounds in a 308 AW; they seemed to feed perfectly.

There are 2 ways of getting 6mmBR to feed well

One is with a Sako 75 Action and 22-250 Magazine

Other way is with an AICS Bottom Metalwork & Mag - which is the way I have gone and it feeds flawlessy even the 10 round magazine

There is a way of doing it with hinged floorplate and modified internals (Look on 6mmBR Website you will find photos)

A few can get it to feed from HS Precision - I couldn't!!

Great tool though

Good luck

6mm BR, 10 or 5 shot AICS Mags, Built by Dave this year, Superb rifle with 99% feed reliability, I've loaded everything from 75 to 105 with no feeding problems, only downside is it ejects the empty's into the next county......

post-10911-0-24199100-1339098148_thumb.jpg

BR is that the US optics bubble level on your rail?

Well spotted, a bit OTT as 95% of my shooting is at night. This was built purely as a fox rifle, hence the nd 3-50 mount on top.

Neil Mckillop built me a 6mmbr on a Tikka 595 donar action which started life as a 22/250, he said it would feed fine from the box mag and with 87grn vmax it never jammed up once, I would say ask the guys who build them on here for what to buy/build it on ;)

Happy hunting :D

Lovely - so nice I had to put it into photobucket!

valkyrie6br.jpg

Thanks BD,

Although the credit goes to dave for building it, and for emptying my piggy bank :blink:

Thanks BD,

Although the credit goes to dave for building it, and for emptying my piggy bank :blink:

Thats a brilliant picture BR, do you mind if i use it ? My box brownie efforts pale into insignificance. :lol:

Ballistol,

The 6mmBr is not a difficult thing to make feed and eject, you just have to start with the right action, and the correct layout of critical parts. Some actions are more suitable than others. My own action has features deliberately built in to favour the repeating 6mmBr cartridge, as its one of my personal favourites.

I also own a modified surgeon rifle i built to feed the little cartridge, and its flawless. I will be using it in the RBL snaps comp in August, providing its not too windy.

Thats a brilliant picture BR, do you mind if i use it ? My box brownie efforts pale into insignificance. :lol:

Ballistol,

The 6mmBr is not a difficult thing to make feed and eject, you just have to start with the right action, and the correct layout of critical parts. Some actions are more suitable than others. My own action has features deliberately built in to favour the repeating 6mmBr cartridge, as its one of my personal favourites.

I also own a modified surgeon rifle i built to feed the little cartridge, and its flawless. I will be using it in the RBL snaps comp in August, providing its not too windy.

Empty your mailbox dave, sending you the original files, do what you like with them.

Speak to Mike Norris. His 6mmBRs are superb. He's built me one on a Tikka M590 which has never jammed and I've shot anything from 58gn to 87gn with sub-.5 inch accuracy and no jamming ever. So far as I'm concerned he's 'the man' for this job. All the rifles I've seen from him, tell the same story.

Best wishes

Finman

With the 6mmBR case being so short for 308 type actions , I have wondered about using a Steyr SSG action as the base of a repeater in this cal , donot know if it would work out OK or not , but it should feed ok , as no bolt lug gap to jump .

Later Chris

Archived