UK F class short range match 2012

Elwood

Results and UKV members underlined for the UK F class league short range match 2012.

Well done Grant and Dave, and a big thanks to Vince and Les for there range officer duties.

F open left, F/TR right

PICT0032-1.jpg

well done to Grant and David and the rest of the guys good shooting and it looks like a good time had by all i was up at bywell northumberland had all kinds of wheather rain hail snow winds and some sunshine well done lads.

WELL done every body nice weekend ,and realy well run by the Diggle boys . We have been very well looked after and has been noted by all who attended.

Great shooting by the top three blokes .

A great start to the season.

Danny

A quick summary.

Consistency of the good kind is king in F class! have one bad detail and forget about winning, think of it as a marathon and not a sprint. So well done Grant and Mark for first and second place, everyone else was fighting it out for third.

The conditions on Saturday changed dramatically during the day from snow and sleet to warm sunshine and of course wind changes go hand in hand with weather changes. Saturday's 600 yard shoot proved to be very difficult for most, but Grant obviously saw something that most didn't shooting a superb 99 out of 100 with 9 V bulls, most of us languished in the low 90's, some of us even scored a ONE unthinkable with the rifles and equipment we have.

On the Sunday things settled down a bit, I have to say now I feel for Andy M, who at 500 yards had cleaned the board up to his 15th and final shot and dropped into the 4 ring, he would have won the round on V bull count,but he still finished 3rd with Danny T in 4th place. Tony Marsh was the only F open shooter to clean a target over the weekend with a 75.3 at 500 yards.

At 600 yards the first detail of F open shooters had it hard with big wind pickups and drop offs, luckily I was shooting second. Both Dave lloyd and myself made up a lot of ground up at this distance, Dave shot a very good 97.7 to finish 2nd and I was on for a 98 but I dropped 3 points on my last 3 shots, but still manged a 95.4 to finish 6th, and predictably Grant turned on his hotline to the wind gods and shot a 98.8 to win (feel free to PM me the number Grant)

Other notable performances from UKV members were Danny T and again Andy M for the highest V bull count of 28 each. Interesting that the V bull count is much lower than last years shoot.

And for any F/TR shooters reading this, compliments would be welcomed when someone has just given you a perfect display of marking!

Testament to the caliber of shooter on UKV, we had 7 UKV members finishing in the top 20.

Cheers guys, another memorable Diggle weekend.

Four seasons of weather in one day!

Well organised as usual, thanks Les and Vince and all the otyher guys for organising a great comp.

A good start to the season and a fantastic laugh as always.

Its back on the diet for me today after all the cooked breakfasts and pie and chips I consumed.

Good luck to all the lads at Blair in 2 weeks, sadly I can't make that one but will catch up with everyone again at Diggle in June.

Cheers

Dave

And of course I was handicapped by using a 6mm :lol:

Your right because we all know the rules according to DK states that a 6mm is ineffecive beyond 300 yards :lol:

Cheers

Dave

some seriously good shooting going on and was very nice to see everyone again.

well done Grant, Mark and David

Andy,Danny.. Very nice V counts :)

Cheers Lee it was good to meet you, hopefully we will see you at a few more shoots.

Sadly can't make Blair but will be at the next Diggle.

Cheers

Dave

A quick summary.

Consistency of the good kind is king in F class! have one bad detail and forget about winning, think of it as a marathon and not a sprint. So well done Grant and Mark for first and second place, everyone else was fighting it out for third.

The conditions on Saturday changed dramatically during the day from snow and sleet to warm sunshine and of course wind changes go hand in hand with weather changes. Saturday's 600 yard shoot proved to be very difficult for most, but Grant obviously saw something that most didn't shooting a superb 99 out of 100 with 9 V bulls, most of us languished in the low 90's, some of us even scored a ONE unthinkable with the rifles and equipment we have.

On the Sunday things settled down a bit, I have to say now I feel for Andy M, who at 500 yards had cleaned the board up to his 15th and final shot and dropped into the 4 ring, he would have won the round on V bull count,but he still finished 3rd with Danny T in 4th place. Tony Marsh was the only F open shooter to clean a target over the weekend with a 75.3 at 500 yards.

At 600 yards the first detail of F open shooters had it hard with big wind pickups and drop offs, luckily I was shooting second. Both Dave lloyd and myself made up a lot of ground up at this distance, Dave shot a very good 97.7 to finish 2nd and I was on for a 98 but I dropped 3 points on my last 3 shots, but still manged a 95.4 to finish 6th, and predictably Grant turned on his hotline to the wind gods and shot a 98.8 to win (feel free to PM me the number Grant)

Other notable performances from UKV members were Danny T and again Andy M for the highest V bull count of 28 each. Interesting that the V bull count is much lower than last years shoot.

And for any F/TR shooters reading this, compliments would be welcomed when someone has just given you a perfect display of marking!

Testament to the caliber of shooter on UKV, we had 7 UKV members finishing in the top 20.

Welcome PGS

I pressume Paul Sandie?

Perhaps Ian should underline your name as well?

Well shot.

Cheers

Dave

So that's 8 out of the top 20 on UKV? - wow B)

(and 'Well done!')

[in fact, isn't Les P on here as that bald headed geordie? 9 out of the top 20?!]

So that's 8 out of the top 20 on UKV? - wow B)

(and 'Well done!')

[in fact, isn't Les P on here as that bald headed geordie? 9 out of the top 20?!]

Your right Matt

I'm sorry Les how could we forget you :o:lol:

Cheers

Dave

It was certainly a test - especially with the 77mm V bull...a "difficult" target at 5/600 , well pleased to connect with it 28 times :lol:

After 12 months off last year and only shooting the Europeans in Nov 11, I was itching to try the recently rebarrelled (in the shed) Barnard - have to say, I love the 284 improved, very, very nice to shoot.

Note to self, improve wind judgement....I know whats letting me down - , it certainly isnt the rifle :D

Great to catch up with old friends again, we wernt all squadded on the same detail, so extraction of urine will have to wait untill another comp.

I wont be doing the first Blair in May, off to a CZ comp later that month and I cant do both (apparantley :rolleyes: )

Great start to the season, well run shoot, thanks again to Vince, Les and Janette for running things smoothly.

i was there sunday snooping about to see what kit you guys are using-i think i better save up!

thanks to spud and stuart anselm for explaining things.thanks to vince with the hi vis coat!he charged me £5 to park!

i was there sunday snooping about to see what kit you guys are using-i think i better save up!

thanks to spud and stuart anselm for explaining things.thanks to vince with the hi vis coat!he charged me £5 to park!

at least i got that right sunday lol shame my wind reading wasnt as good

I really injoyed the weekend, very nice to put a few faces to to names. I would really like all the people who helped and gave me much good advice. I managed 5th from last I think, but I did beat Spud which made my weekend. I would save my greatest thanks to Dannyt for getting me into this, but not the bloody cup of tea Sunday morning at 5am. Looking forward to Blair.

Had the camera bag out sunday morning,,,left the darn thing on the kitchen side.

Laurie usually takes some pics and a few others had their kodamatics out.

Archived