RG 22O SWIFT

Well i have finally got my swift stocked after a bit of arsing around.Basicaly Gary cane let me down big time on the stock.And russ gall got me out of the shite big time.Russ very kindly took a mc millan A5 off his own personal rifle for me to fit to my rifle.I have to say i had my heart set on a laminate thumb hole stock but after fitting the mc millan i must say it is a thing of beauty.I just hopes it shoots as good as it looks.Once again a massive thanks to russ.

ATB SEAN

I will try and take it to work tommorow and take some pics.Not really sure how to post them but will try and find a grown up to help me.

Cheers sean

P.S Dave are you intrested in a AR1O T?

I will try and take it to work tommorow and take some pics.Not really sure how to post them but will try and find a grown up to help me.

Cheers sean

Ask the nearest 7 year old they will have them up in minutes...

Nice one Sean. will be passing Friday do you want me to take a picture for you like last time.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers dave,Give us a pm thurs to remind me

ATB SEAN

Cheers sean

I,ll ring you later Sean.

I called in today to have a look at Seans new rifle.

It is superb, what a crying shame those actions are not being made any longer.

Anyway here are a couple of pictures.

Sorry for the quality as they are off my phone.

photo2.jpg

photo12.jpg

Sean is out testing it tomorrow so hopefully we will get a report on how it shoots.

Cheers

Dave

Nice...... :D

Sean.....you want bitch slappin for putting warne rings on a combo like that ! :lol:

I have to admit warne rings weren't my first choice for rings.But i was a little bit limited to what i could get in 34mm med.Would love some shiney rings but can't find any at the moment.I might in time fit some davidson bases and kelbly rings.I just hope the bloody thing shoots now.

Cheers sean

Could you not have put a bigger scope on? :D

Very nice!!

Looking for a swift myself

What sort of thing you looking for?I might know for a vssf for not mad money.

ATB SEAN

Well i went out to do break the barrel in and do some test loads with the swift today.I was using norma brass H380 and 52gr bergers.I started by getting on the paper at 50 yards.Whilst breaking the barrel in and rough zeroing i shot about 5 one hole groups.Only fifty yards i know but i thought this shows promise.So back to 110 yards to try the test loads.The first group with 41.5gr produced a nice round half inch group.Next group two bullets in one hole the other 3 slighttly scatterd,Strange but not to worry.I have found the sweet spot to normally be 42.5/43gr.So next up 42.5gr 3 in one hole. 2 in the other?Finally 43gr a nasty 1 inch group.Hmm not exactly over the moon i packed the kit up.Whilst driving home i was thinking that the old faithfull 52gr a max might be an improvement.When i got home i thought i would clean the rifle i grabbed out of the case by the scope only to find the scope loose.The screws in the piccatiney rail were loose.So basicaly i done £20 on fuel and another £10 on bullets and brass and i still don't know what my swift shoots like.But i think it shows promise and i will try and shoot it again tomorrow.On the upside WALES won the GRAND SLAM :P

ATB SEAN.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived