TRG 22 to buy or not to buy?

dannywayoflife

Well i was in one of my local gun shops today and noticed out back a TRG22. I asked if it was for sale and he said yes so i picked it up to have a look. It was in as new condition and i asked him what his best price on it was he said he thought he could do it for well a really really good price! So that got me really interested! He said its had less than 80 rounds down the tube!!! I have always wanted a TRG and i dont have to money sat around but i could put it on a credit card and then do a 0% ballance transfer and get like 23 months at 0% to pay it off which i could easly do. So chaps should i bite the bullet and buy?

I think your right you only live once and to be fair i would be able to pay off the credit card in a matter of months. Hmmmm how to break it to the wife................. :rolleyes:

Danny I have discovered that flowers, chocolate or do you need new shoes dear normally softens the blow :lol:

Alan

Danny,

They've always seemed to perform well, if it fits you OK then go for it - so long as you can still feed the kids :lol:

Terry

went back to the shop today for another look and spoke to the manager. The price isnt as good as i was told initially its still a good price but theres an issue with the trigger. It has an inconsisstant pull with a variation of up to a pound. GMK wont touch the rifle as its apparently a grey import so it might be a new trigger which apparently at trade is £300 so it would no longer be a bargain. It has my name on it dependent on the trigger issue. Would a good smith be able to sort this??

went back to the shop today for another look and spoke to the manager. The price isnt as good as i was told initially its still a good price but theres an issue with the trigger. It has an inconsisstant pull with a variation of up to a pound. GMK wont touch the rifle as its apparently a grey import so it might be a new trigger which apparently at trade is £300 so it would no longer be a bargain. It has my name on it dependent on the trigger issue. Would a good smith be able to sort this??

Hi Danny,

I see that you are in Sussex part of the time, should you buy the TRG my workshop is on the Surrey/Sussex border. The TRG trigger is straightforward to clean, lubricate and adjust. It should be easily detected if someone in the past has made modifications or changed springs,

Cheers

Alan

Alan would it cost much for you to do the work you mention? I played with the trigger and did notice some difference but i didnt feel that it was terminal.

Hi Danny,

Not much, we're talking 10's not 100's,

Cheers

Alan

Right then ill try and knock him down on price slightly and tell him ill have to sort the trigger myself. Alan where are you based alan?

Hi Danny,

In a village called Capel, just south of Dorking and just north of the Surrey/Sussex border. My contact details are on my website, details below,

Cheers

Alan

Right then ill try and knock him down on price slightly

Slightly? If a new trigger is £300 and the current one is fecked, knock him down £300 or walk away.

Personally, unless I could test the rifle, if it's got one thing wrong with it, I would want a written guarantee of no quibble full cash refund if it turns out to have other stuff wrong with it. If not, I'd walk away.

Slightly? If a new trigger is £300 and the current one is fecked, knock him down £300 or walk away.

Personally, unless I could test the rifle, if it's got one thing wrong with it, I would want a written guarantee of no quibble full cash refund if it turns out to have other stuff wrong with it. If not, I'd walk away.

Brown dog is spot on....written guarantee or walk away, think of the money you are spending.

Brown dog is spot on....written guarantee or walk away, think of the money you are spending.

Why is the trigger goosed on a rifle that has done 80rds? Not a good start in my opinion and it would all depend on how good the deal was, is it one of the Jordan ones?

As you stated it would be a streach to purchase in the original post, you don't want to end up in a hole as B D says if your going to take it as is get something in writing to cover your back Boo

There will be nothing wrong with the trigger. Its been adjusted by someone who didn,t know what he was doing. I,ve had 3 or 4 like it in the last couple of years.

They can be over adjusted, in one respect, and it throws the whole units balance out. Simple to rectify, but worth getting some cash off the original sale for.

Then cart it off to Alan. ;)

Thanks baldie. It's a grey import apparently so GMK are being arkward about the trigger "issue" the rifle looks like new straight out of the factory so I really don't see that there is anything else wrong with it. I am going to see how much off the ticket price I can get and then make a decision. If I do buy it I'll then have to start saving up for a bipod for it! I emailed xxxxxxxxx about there TRG bipod but they said they don't know when there going to do another run of them. Are there any other suspension type bipods out there for less than the sako one?

I was in Gwynedd Firearms the other day and was told to open a certain gun case, as I may like its contents, I did open it and I think a phone call may be worth your while if you cant source something local to you, this is a mint example with 2x mags.

Archived