Field Test moderators

Hello

We have a new moderator in the range and we are looking for 2 persons to field test them for us.

I have been using one of the test units for about a month but it is very easy to get tunnel vision with your own product.

If you are interested in testing one for us e mail me at colin@sp-filling.co.uk or pm me on here.

Thanks in advance

Onelesscharlie

Just out of interest, who is responsible for proofing a moderator, how can the manufacturer proof it if he does not have the patrticular rifle its going on. is it down to the person selling or fitting it. I would love to know.

I can test one if you wish, calibres from 22 through to 338 LM.

If you want heavy use stalking test, 6.5mm or 308 for me.

I CAN DO 22-250, 243, 25-06 AND 6.5X47 AND HAVE 2 EMPTY MODERATOR SLOTS AND A PET RFD WHO WILL DO PAPERWORK FOR ME. PM IF INTERESTED, WILL USE TWICE A WEEK MINIMUM HUNTING AND ALSO LOAD DEVELOPMENT.

Just out of interest, who is responsible for proofing a moderator, how can the manufacturer proof it if he does not have the patrticular rifle its going on. is it down to the person selling or fitting it. I would love to know.

No one is responsible for proofing a sound moderator nor a muzzle brake. Neither are component parts of a firearm, and neither are permanently attached to the firearm, making them non pressure bearing parts. Neither are mentioned in the proof acts either.

People only proof sound moderators to comply with their gun trade insurance [the ones that have any ] My insurance does not request, nor require proof test of said products.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::wub::blush::blink:

For Christs sake.... how do I choose two without pissing everybody else off.

I am out of the office tomorrow and Friday and will sort it out early next week before manufacturing the appropriate mods.

Thanks to everyone for their interest and offers of assistance, I hope I can help you all with something in the future.

I also have to check the legality of entering the recipients as servants on my RFD for the duration of the tests.

All the best

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest richness

No one is responsible for proofing a sound moderator nor a muzzle brake. Neither are component parts of a firearm, and neither are permanently attached to the firearm, making them non pressure bearing parts. Neither are mentioned in the proof acts either.

People only proof sound moderators to comply with their gun trade insurance [the ones that have any ] My insurance does not request, nor require proof test of said products.

yeah the whole thing is people desperate to jump through hoops like good citizens :/ Baaa

yeah the whole thing is people desperate to jump through hoops like good citizens :/ Baaa

More like in this blame culture society we find ourselves in today its people trying to cover their arses :huh:

Archived