TOO COLD?

garyw

got out today on an estate that has been mostly out of bounds[except for lamping]to try and sort a few bunnys with the rifles took the .22br and 6ppc got to a favoured bunny hole pulled out the binos-not a thing!glassed up the side of a wood-nothing drove maybe 1/2mile to the farm boundry to some old stone walls-guess what-sweet f.a.

i even got snug in the truck and waited for over an hour and 3 cups of coffee from the flask-nothing.i took the spaniel to give him a run and he didnt put anything up!

those bunnys know when to stay indoors :angry: :angry: any way ended up shooting some clays at 300yds with the .22br to let of some steam and a few groups at 200 with the 6ppc looked at the temprature in the truck -3.#### this home for a bacon sarnie :)

anyone else been out and got frozen nuts?

got out today on an estate that has been mostly out of bounds[except for lamping]to try and sort a few bunnys with the rifles took the .22br and 6ppc got to a favoured bunny hole pulled out the binos-not a thing!glassed up the side of a wood-nothing drove maybe 1/2mile to the farm boundry to some old stone walls-guess what-sweet f.a.

i even got snug in the truck and waited for over an hour and 3 cups of coffee from the flask-nothing.i took the spaniel to give him a run and he didnt put anything up!

those bunnys know when to stay indoors :angry: :angry: any way ended up shooting some clays at 300yds with the .22br to let of some steam and a few groups at 200 with the 6ppc looked at the temprature in the truck -3.#### this home for a bacon sarnie :)

anyone else been out and got frozen nuts?

hi mate ive have also found on cold nights rabbits and foxes are bit scarce,like yourself you get ya gloves

and a hat ,walm coat a flask and out till stupid oclock and shoot nowt.warmer times to come myfriend keep at it

ATB LEE

Gary,

As usual - the shooting continued at Diggle - until we couldn't see the target (at 600 yds) for snow!

See you tomorrow for the McQueen?

Cheers

Vince

i will see how it looks in the morning vince-depends on the m62.

what are the roads like up to the range?

Im going to the mcqueens, it may or may not be on but i have 4wd so might as well try and see. Its nice just to get out and see the countryside blanketted.

Well done to Gunnery and 3 others for showing up but not enough were there at 10:30 to bother waiting around so We went and shot elsewhere. The weather was superb and the wind was virtually nothing more than a breath.

So far this year, weather 2, McQueens 0

Well done fellas for getting there,got up early to head out and saw the state of the roads and knew the m62 would be a mare so stayed at home.managed to sort out a lot of cases for reloading and put all my reloading stuff in some sort of order.i made me realise today if i was starting out in the reloading game all the shite i would end up buying and it never ends does it?

atb gary

Archived