Is there?

1967spud

It would be a very much of a niche market but yes I think there would.

When I started reloading it was a case of a group of guys at the range said read the book three times then come back and ask questions. Could have done with a hands on with somebody :unsure: (no wise cracks :blink: ).

After doing all the rookie mistakes and spending hours setting dies up and removing stuck cases etc I think I got there.

I know I Still have a lot to learn so yes spud for beginners and intermediates then I think people would show it some interest :D

Going by your youtube vids i think you could make a dvd that would benefit the novice plus those with more experience,i know i have learnd from them so put me down for a copy if u go for it

Is there a market out there for a total involved reloading dvd?

spud,

if you can break it down into chapters, ie equipment, materials, setting up, various stages etc

just so more advanced reloaders can skip the bits they already know and go straight the the relivent chapter.

how about including footage of some target shooting at the end to show what can be achieved

good luck with it

cheers jock

There probably is but very niche.

Shooters appear to be very unwilling to pay much for sage advice.

I have tried to assess the market for paid / personalised reloading tuition at basic & advanced levels but interest seems VERY muted.

Given the potential dangers and how easily it can be gotten wrong it was a surprise to me that interest is so low.

ok ill have a go but dont exspect it next week

Spud,

Have you seen the Sierra one that David Tubb did? It's called "Highpower rifle reloading with G David Tubb" Goes from beginner to advanced - including neck-turning. Excellent in every respect - I'd have a look before putting in a lot of work.

Cheers

Vince

Mark, I think it'd only stand a chance if it was a champion of some wide distinction.

Exactly, whoever presents the DVD needs to have some credibility in competitive circles, otherwise its just a film about some bloke in his shed. Look how many books and films George Digweed has sold, and he could sell many many more, because people think if they watch his film they will gain some of his winning techniques.

Mark, I think it'd only stand a chance if it was a champion of some wide distinction.

yes i agree matt , worth a thought though

There probably is but very niche.

Shooters appear to be very unwilling to pay much for sage advice.

I have tried to assess the market for paid / personalised reloading tuition at basic & advanced levels but interest seems VERY muted.

Given the potential dangers and how easily it can be gotten wrong it was a surprise to me that interest is so low.

There you go spud do some paid tuition nothing better than hands on experience (not the perverted kind )i was shown by a guy when i first started shooting with rifles and thought he new what he was talking about (how wrong was i) untill someone with knowlage like yours spud put me right and what a diffrence ,so its one dvd and some tuition booked

If you were going to do it as a commercial venture I think you may struggle to find enough people to sell too, it would cost £1000's to get a professional DVD onto the shelves and take years to recoup your initial outlay, however if you fancy doing a "keep fit or Zumba" DVD they sell by the bucket load, my Mrs would buy one...she's got every bugger else's. :D

If you were going to do it as a commercial venture I think you may struggle to find enough people to sell too, it would cost £1000's to get a professional DVD onto the shelves and take years to recoup your initial outlay, however if you fancy doing a "keep fit or Zumba" DVD they sell by the bucket load, my Mrs would buy one...she's got every bugger else's. :D

how about

zumba tumbling

It would be a very much of a niche market but yes I think there would.

When I started reloading it was a case of a group of guys at the range said read the book three times then come back and ask questions. Could have done with a hands on with somebody :unsure: (no wise cracks :blink: ).

After doing all the rookie mistakes and spending hours setting dies up and removing stuck cases etc I think I got there.

I know I Still have a lot to learn so yes spud for beginners and intermediates then I think people would show it some interest :D

Me too, go for it Spud.

22 250 jock and I are on similar mind paths;

make sure it is in separate chapters so the user can jump straight in at the point needing clarification ;)

Is there a market out there for a total involved reloading dvd?

yes please. personally i have been reloading for about 12 months but on a very basic level [lee breechlock and powder scoop] works ok but its got me hooked and i would like to get into the more technical side of it. regards david

Spud

Personally, I think you will struggle to sell many copies as there is just so much information freely available on Youtube.

Newbies will just sift through, until they find what they are looking for.

I suppose its worth doing if there is minimal cost to you - but I wouldn't invest lot of money in it.

ATB

Alan

I would buy it and I'm sure several others would too, but unfortunately I don't think the market is large enough here in the U.K. for it to be worth while a big investment like Sir-slots said.

Two things might be worth thinking about though:

1. you seem pretty handy with the video editing so you could make/produce one yourself much like one of your youtube vids scaled up. Get a mate or two helping and put it on to DVD yourself. You can print on the disc and you can print labels for the DVD box. You can then punt them out using whatever web sites or shooting related resources you can find. The upside of this being very little initial outlay, the downside being it would take much more effort on your part with the post filming production and editing. You will also be less likely to end up out of pocket though.

2. The other thing that might be worth a try is getting someone already in marketing on team, someone like Deben or Edgar Brothers. Let them shell out(most of) the big bucks and accept the fact that you have to share the profits. For many noobs the fact that your DVD is sold by a well-known company will give you recognition by association.

Personally I like option 1. You already have a great following on the Tube, so build on that.

Archived