284 Shehane - The journey starts

Ronin

In spite of Andy's (Ronin) comments re the 7mmWSM, a glance at the equipment lists of the top ten League shooters and the top ten 'Europeans' shooters on the GBFCA website www.gbfclass.co.uk tells the true story - you just gotta have a WSM!

The winds were quite light all weekend - ideal for a good WSM - it will stay in the 'five' when less cartridges drift into the four ring.

Having said that Grant (Taylor) has done amazingly well with his 284 and personally, I put that down to his shooting but then again, look at Russell Simmonds with his 308 if you really want to feel depressed. He has won the odd League shoot outright!

Vince

Thanks Vince that make all us lesser open shooters feel realy worm inside .... Not.

To give people a bit of an idea of how strong the competition was. On the Saturday with a North wind blowing Grant shot a 72.6 at 900 (V Bull count might be wrong)and in that detail he finished 28th! Had that of been a league shoot he definitely would have finished inside the top 10 or possibly even top 5.

Glad I wasn't shooting :)

To give people a bit of an idea of how strong the competition was. On the Saturday with a North wind blowing Grant shot a 72.6 at 900 (V Bull count might be wrong)and in that detail he finished 28th! Had that of been a league shoot he definitely would have finished inside the top 10 or possibly even top 5.

Glad I wasn't shooting :)

your not wrong Ian , first detail on friday at 800 i shot 74.4 (low v count)and finished in the low thirtys i think.

Ian you would of loved the challange of shooting if work had not been in the way.

Glad I finished in 7th place on the first detail at 800 on Saturday then :blush:

I think there was 10 points difference bettween me and the leader at close of play on the first day - and I was in 52nd place!

Mind you - the Ukrainians were the real story - to come over here and win the Open and be in contention up to the final relay for F/TR!!

Next year, there will be more overseas shooters than local.

Great comp. but a very high standard.

Vince

Amazing results from some European entrants, considering there are not many ranges beyond 300 mtrs in alot of countries.....

A very high standard indeed. This is a real wake up call for us if we want to retain our World Champion status in F open!

Hopefully I'll have my WSM soon, it looks like I'll need it.

Mik was saying this is now the biggest F class event in the World. Bigger than the US nationals it will only be exceeded at the next World Championships.

Cheers

Dave

Just think how many shooters this event may be able to pull in when the credit crunch sorts itself out , i can see easily another 50 to 70 shooters wanting to shoot when the money problems settle down again , it would be great to see the hole of stickle down used for an F CLASS event every year.

From and outsiders viewpoint [ i dont shoot "F" class....yet.. :D ] it looks to me like one of the fastest growing facets of target shooting, and i would say its attracting people who may once have given target rifle a look ? That can only be a good thing.

I also believe the "get up and go " guys who activley compete will have a hand in how Bisley evolves in the future........hopefully. :)

i dont shoot "F" class....yet.. :D

You have the perfect opprtunity to rectify that with the release of your new action....... ;)

Archived