Schmidt and Bender repairs

londonhunter

I have dealt with S&B directly and they are very efficient. The courier messed up the delivery and the scope never turned up. After about two weeks I contacted them to find out when I could expect the scope and they confirmed they had sent it about a week before. I asked them to check with their couriers and get back to me. They contacted me and said the scope had gone missing in the post, and were going to replace it with a brand new one. It arrived a few days later with an apology letter and lots of goodies from S&B. The problem with my scope was the clicking in the elevation turret.

I am sure you will have a pleasant experience with them.

Regards,

George

My experience was both good and bad.

I really had to badger them to the point of being rude to get them to answer my emails. I do understand that I'm small fry compared to a $350 trillion contract to the USMC, however a £2000 scope that doesn't and still doesn't parallax correctly is a huge issue to me.

On the plus side, I refused to send the old scope back until the new one had arrived, which to my surprise they did.

Anybody had a Schmidt recoated by the factory

If so how much do they charge for this service ?

Thanks

Sorry never had one recoated,

I recon it depends on what else is all done to the scope.

BDC's cost around 100 Euro per Turret, Paralax can be set to what you like.

I dealt with a Mr. Goerzel in 2007.

Send him an e-mail (if he is still there)

edi

Sorry never had one recoated,

I recon it depends on what else is all done to the scope.

BDC's cost around 100 Euro per Turret, Paralax can be set to what you like.

I dealt with a Mr. Goerzel in 2007.

Send him an e-mail (if he is still there)

edi

Thanks a million

Will update all as I go along

I have dealt with S&B directly and they are very efficient. The courier messed up the delivery and the scope never turned up. After about two weeks I contacted them to find out when I could expect the scope and they confirmed they had sent it about a week before. I asked them to check with their couriers and get back to me. They contacted me and said the scope had gone missing in the post, and were going to replace it with a brand new one. It arrived a few days later with an apology letter and lots of goodies from S&B. The problem with my scope was the clicking in the elevation turret.

I am sure you will have a pleasant experience with them.

Regards,

George

Thats interesting as I have just returned a brand new PM11 12-50 x 56 with elevation problems...lots of clicks and not much actual movement! First time that I have ever had problems with S&B scopes

My PMII 5-25 has just developed quite a large dark object/shadow in the top right of the glass, it disappears when I zoom over 20 !! At first I thought it was dirt, but unfortunately it's not !

Anyone know what it could be ?

I emailed S&B direct at the weekend but no reply yet

I hope they are as easy to contact and deal with as some of you say

6 days now since I emailed S&B about the fault and still no reply !!!!!!!!

What are you implying ?

I called the number on their website and was forested by a woman who spoke fluent English

Discussed my issues and asked me to send it in for service

Never at any point they ask when the scope was purchased !

Good shooting guys

I am not implying anything !

They just appear to be slow in replying to emai

I will ring them tomorrow

Firms like this have massive inboxes and lots of it is junk. Bad means of initial contact IMO uless you have a direct contact and a reference, use the phone i have dealt with the Germans on other matters and many have near perfect English (unlike us brits who think ordering a couple of beers on our hols means we speak another language) :rolleyes:

I sent a PM11 back for a re-tube (Cost me a b fortune!!) and was emailing them on: service@schmidt-bender.de

I googled it and came up with this Co for the cheapest shipping quote https://www.freightquote.co.uk/ and, lo and behold, UPS turned up to collect it..... just be aware that freightquote email the despatch label to you, I hadn't logged on to discover this when UPS arrived and luckily the nice driver man came back later in the day.

That's me,

atb

FBW

If your scope has a problem, its under the thirty year warranty. Just parcel it up and send it insured delivery to the factory with a polite covering letter explaining the problem it has. I cant see any reason to have email chats about it, they will service and repair it FOC and return it to you as quickly as they can. Never had a problem with them or dealing with them.

As for a recoat, LH, if it is the aluminium body it is coated alochrome/black which is very durable but if there are dings and scratches on it, they will show because the coating is actully a conversion of the tube surface not put on like paint, to remove them would cost more than a replacement tube, but of course that means completely stripping and rebuilding it in a new tube, which is never going to be very cheap, depends what you want and what you want to pay for it. A friend dropped his rifle in rocks which bent the tube, but it came back as new with new tube and it was a lot less than buying another one s/h so he was happy.

redfox

Archived