.280 remington

baldie

Here,s one i,ve just finished.

This is for a retired gentleman who wanted a deer rifle, and also one that could be used on a range from time to time.

He wanted it chambering in .280 Remington, which is an uncommon calibre on these shores, but still very popular in the states. I believe we use a european calibre which is very similar, the 7 x 57 Brenneke.

Anyway, here are the pics.

IMG_1017.jpg

The action is a Valkyrie long action , fitted with a Border 5R cut and fluted barrel in remington varmint profile.

IMG_1021.jpg

The muzzle has an invisible thread cap and also a third eye tactical muzzle brake.

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

The stock is a McMillan HTG M40 adjustable. Its pillar and devcon bedded, and has one of my long action floorplates, which feeds the .280 rounds nicely from a tweaked .300 win mag magazine.

IMG_1023.jpg

The metalwork is finished in duracoat Parker, and the rail is a 20 moa model.

Trigger is a jewell.

One of my favourites.

Never weighed a gun in me life Terry ! :lol:

I always say there are two weights of gun, lighweight stalker, and bleedin heavy. :lol:

Seriously, this is not heavy. With a reasonable scope onboard you could carry it all day.

Nice rifle as ever Dave. The 280 Rem and 280AI are in fashion over here at the moment for combined hunting/long range target work. As you also mentioned just a US version of an old german cartridge(7x64 Brenneke)

ATB Toby

The customer made the long drive up from Hampshire this morning, and stopped a couple of hours. A really nice chap.

He brought with him his new Swarovski for fitting, which has a rail system. He,d managed to locate a beautiful pair of mounts for it, and we bolted it all together over tea.

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

They are german Matt, i kept the box so will check. I,m fairly certain they came from Rupert at Open Season.Absolutely top notch quality, but not cheap. He said they were about £230.

The nice stuff's always plenty of dollar, but cracking looking all the same. If Craig at Thirdeye had them for the afternoon I bet the next set would be less

than £230!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived