BDC Turret Wraps

The other thing I struggle with on my nsx which hasn't got a zero stop is returning to 'zero' - in my case 100yds. So tonight I machined up an alloy ring. In my case it needed to be 0.060" thick and it slips over the scope body below the turret. This allows me to return to zero easily, actually 2moa below zero then adjust back up to zero. Seems to work ok but I haven't tried it in the field yet. If its ok i'll strip it down again and paint matt black.
That is a very nice solution, I must give that a try as well.

Well following on from BD's original post i've been having a play and finally got it right. The NSX/moa combination is not ideal for longer range adjustments as I need four rotations to get enough elevation out to 1k. Anyway think i;ve cracked it.

DSCF7776.jpg

The other thing I struggle with on my nsx which hasn't got a zero stop is returning to 'zero' - in my case 100yds. So tonight I machined up an alloy ring. In my case it needed to be 0.060" thick and it slips over the scope body below the turret. This allows me to return to zero easily, actually 2moa below zero then adjust back up to zero. Seems to work ok but I haven't tried it in the field yet. If its ok i'll strip it down again and paint matt black.

DSCF7777.jpg

I've just tapped the wraps on with cellotape which i'm not too sure about. Is there a better waterproof tape I could use?

Mike, that zero stop is bloomin neat :) almost gets halfway to halfway overcoming the shortcomings of a vernier on a scope :lol::P

No, seriously, great idea.

Tape? Sellotape will come off in the rain; find Scotch invisible tape (or magic tape) it's like a pvc sellotape.

Scotch Egg, no it works with my Deer load as well. POI of the deer load is around 1/2 moa higher @100yds so its just a case of rezeroing the turret or dialling down 1/2moa. You shoot nsx don't you? let me know if you want a ring making up.

Mike your right I do shoot nsx on my 6mmbr as does my dad. It would be great if you spin a couple up.

• 4 months later...

Did the leg work for automated turret wraps to match my charts way back.

Been fannying around with new barrels and new rifles since then, and having only just settled on what I think will be the long term plinking load, decided to blow the dust off the program and get something back on the scope.

P1000210850x693.jpg

This basically puts the 'mean condition' drop chart on the scope, then all you have to remember is, for eg:

“at today’s temp and pressure:

0-400 –dial the BDC;

400-650 dial BDC +1;

650 –750 BDC +2 etc”

Then:

lase

dial the range directly on the scope

add/subtract a couple of clicks for today's conditions

shoot

Faaast! :)

P1000213850x843.jpg

Very Neat :)

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to make up a wrap for a PMII but I just can't get the spacing correct and the lines to extend to the mil marks. I've put my drops into an excel worksheet and printed it at 50% but it prints out on two seperate pieces of paper and the spacing is still tooo big. Can anyone point me int he right direction? Thanks.

I've been trying to make up a wrap for a PMII but I just can't get the spacing correct and the lines to extend to the mil marks. I've put my drops into an excel worksheet and printed it at 50% but it prints out on two seperate pieces of paper and the spacing is still tooo big. Can anyone point me int he right direction? Thanks.

Mike, is this to match your card?

• 1 year later...

did a bit of digging on the internet today and came up with this company! customturretsystems.com. has anyone had anything to do with them? Looks like a good idea For those that struggle with the computer among us any how I put in the relevant information payed my $25 and we will see what comes of it!

I'm nearly done on makin a wrap for the pm 11 . I've done it on CAD . In simple terms if you draw a base line as many units Long as the number of graduations and then place a text box above each of the lines you can fill in the actual distance that matches the click line .

To get the actual distances I used isnipe . Having tweaked the bc and other parts I got a drop chart that I checked out to distance , once I had this i input I yard as the step distance and read down the chart finding the distance that matched the nearest full click and made a list of these . If u then take this u get a click chart in reverse where you can read the distance vs full clicks . These figures I then put into the txt boxed on the cad line I had drawn . ( still having to fiddle with text size at mo , when on the gun , wrap is a bit close for my eyes without glasses so need to fiddle with that bit .

To print , most cad programmes us the outside of the border to scale to so draw a rectangular box around the wrap and print . If you need to alter the scale to match the lines on the scope with your print , leave the outside border box alone and scale up or down the drawn items inside the box till they match as the cad programme will constantly scale the drawing to the outside box . U can then alter length. , thickness of lines and text to suit your eyes / scope .

Most cad packages will do this . If I send the dxf version to you Bd can you put up if people want to use it? , cheers Ian

Archived