looking for a .243 what would you choose between these?

mosa

Im currently looking for a .243 rifle and have been offered the following but not sure what to go for so still looking.

1, winchester mod 70 classic detatch mag with tasco mag v 4-12x40 scope few rounds £300 not screw cut but little use in mint condition.

2, tikka t3 stainless laminate in .243 atec cmm4 aluminium moderator £750 (not sure about stock? prefer wood or synthetic)

3, tikka m590 in 243. with delux stock on it. he also has a black plastic stock for it £550

4, Tikka 595 .243 .Very tidy, threaded comes with a few extras. £475

Still waiting for to choose but if anyone could tell me why i should or shouldnt go for the options detailed that would be great cheers

As above, you wont go far wrong with a of the Tikkas. the M590 or 595 would be mine and most others first choice. Ive had a M590 in 223 and regret selling it and now have a M590 in 222 which i will be keeping

as said one of the tikkas but buying second hand local I would ask for a guarantee that it will shoot 1 inch at 100m provided you are doing your bit right.

Dave

i think that wouldn't be worth the paper its written on....

If a private sale the seller isn't going to say its sh1te and cant shoot less than 1" after all they want to sell it not hang onto it.

If its from a RFD then they would of only gone by what the previous owner said unless they test out the rifles themselves.

As long as its in good condition, clean and all working then let your head tell you to buy or not too buy,

a rifle is only half as good as the nut behind the butt

i think that wouldn't be worth the paper its written on....

If a private sale the seller isn't going to say its sh1te and cant shoot less than 1" after all they want to sell it not hang onto it.

If its from a RFD then they would of only gone by what the previous owner said unless they test out the rifles themselves.

As long as its in good condition, clean and all working then let your head tell you to buy or not too buy,

a rifle is only half as good as the nut behind the butt

Just gives you a bit of insurance if it doesn't shoot take it back and get money back. My local gun dealer has given friends I have gone in that guarantee on second hand rifles in the past.

Dave

i have a t3 lite and find the stock quite uncomfortable especially around the grip and comb ! i am a big bloke though, and others may not have this problem ! i am now restocking it !!,a friend has a 595 and its another world! much more comfortable and the stock seems more substantial but that could just be me! both are superbly accurate and durable ! i would try before you buy if possible ,even if its just the handling !all of the above refer to synthetic stocks

I have owned Tikas and they are good rifles, FC issue them as standard so they can stand up to regular use, but dont discard the Winchester either one of the most popular rifles in the us. Amd dont be kidded that our cousins dont know about hunting weapons

I'd go for one of the early Tikka's. In fact I recently did just that. The build quality is so much better than the new stuff so as long as they haven't had a hard life one of the latter rifles listed would be my choice every time.

Archived