Arrival of my S200 is imminent; I want to see if I can model pellet flight.

Anyone got a postable solid data set with

pellet type

MV

drops (or pellet path and scope height)

that I could have a play with?

Thanks!

Matt,

I use an airwolf 36 ft lb gun with bisley magnums.

I have tested and verified my drop all the way out to 90 yards which is the farthest I have shot it.

I can supplu you with all my data if you want?

Garry

Matt,

I use an airwolf 36 ft lb gun with bisley magnums.

I have tested and verified my drop all the way out to 90 yards which is the farthest I have shot it.

I can supplu you with all my data if you want?

Garry

Garry,

That'd be great! Just zero distance and drop at, say, 5 distances (as well as mv and sight height) would be much appreciated. :)

Had a great morning with my little falcon fn12. Dropped in excess of 35 pigeons.

I forgot just how fun the little air rifle can be.

Must say I noticed the difference between a cheap eley wasp and a crossman premier.

My airrifle and .22 rimfires are more often out of the cabinet theese days than the centrefires.

Cheap as chips to shoot and just as fun.

Here you go Matt,

Scope above bore 1.8 inch

Vel 885 fps

Bisley .22 magnum 21.2 grain

40 yd zero

45. .5in

50. 1in

55. 1.8

60. 2.75

65. 3.8

70. 5.2

75. 6.7

80. 8.4

85. 10.4

90. 12.5

I done a search on the bis mag g1 bc and its supposed to be 0.0320.

Hope this is of some help :)

The data your looking for aint gonna help much, all the guns i own or have owned shot slightly different ammo at different speeds. Even running a program like Chairgun (which is free online) will only give you a start. Windages are large as are drops and at the end of the day you just have to set up targets at a few yards intervals and play around. For 12ft lb .22 zero at 30 yds and a .177 try 35yds. I run my FAC rapid on .22 bisley Magnums if your getting the std S200 try air arms std diablo pellets they have good windages and are about the right weight for a sub 12ftlb gun and just mess about. Best thing about them is you can do 2000 shots over a weekend- try that with a 22-250 or .243" say and you will be looking at a fair ammount of cash on ammo and a new tube, the airgun is gonna set you back £30 tops

Brown Dog,

This is the best advice I can give you:

Download Chairgun Pro from the Hawke website, its very accurate and extremely close to the actual results once you have entered your pellet weight and chronoed your rifle. Regardless of what people say scope height just doesn't make that much difference for airgun ranges, anyone who disagrees run comparisons through your ballistics software, its negligible :)

Zero at 25m, that way, if you have a zoom scope with ranging reticle or mil-dot reticle and using 6 x magnification each mil-dot will be at intervals of 10m or as near dammit, this makes things nice and easy for holdover.

Then at other magnifications, usually around 14-16x each mil-dot would be in 5m increments.

(Using Chairgun pro you can enter different magnification for your reticle and trajectory to come up with the above holdover values)

The question of air rifle zero distance comes up all the time,some zero at the range that most of the quarry species on their permission come out at, I used to zero at 40m as I often needed to get long shots in and needed more reticle, however after staying zero at 25m its a lot easier and on lower mag I can still range and shoot out to 65m plus and take crows on the branch.

Simple, 25m zero for a 1.5" kill zone and happy days and nights hunting.

Archived