March tactical scopes

baldie

Has anyone any real user experience of these scopes, and can offer a direct comparison to a PM11 12-50 ?

I have the schmidt, and am thinking of another scope, but lighter. I,m not that impressed with the schmidt,s optics at top power [much past 30 times to be honest ] and wondered if the march was better. I,ve had a look through one of Russ Gall,s and was very impressed with the optics in that. It was a fixed power BR scope if i remember rightly.

i have looked through the march scope that garry costelo sells i want 1 for myself for f-class ,i shoot the nightforce and have looked through the new smit at high power and can say the march was way better in my eyes

Has anyone any real user experience of these scopes, and can offer a direct comparison to a PM11 12-50 ?

I have the schmidt, and am thinking of another scope, but lighter. I,m not that impressed with the schmidt,s optics at top power [much past 30 times to be honest ] and wondered if the march was better. I,ve had a look through one of Russ Gall,s and was very impressed with the optics in that. It was a fixed power BR scope if i remember rightly.

Dave,

I think all scopes with 56mm objectives are going to struggle when you dial the power past a certain level.

I'd be stunned if there's a difference that wasn't actually just 'mental' between two premier brands.

On the other hand, if your 12-50x56 is FFP and metric, I agree they're utter crap. - despite that, and purely as a personal favour, I'll take it off your hands at a knock down price. :lol:

I have a March tactical scope, I've had it about a year and am really pleased with it. The optics are crystal clear. You are probaly looking at the higher mag. models, mine is the 2.5-25X42. I really can't fault it, hope this is some help,

Jerry.

Andy,

Thanks for that link; it's good reading

Thanks for all your help on this guy,s ..its much appreciated. ;)

Having read that excellent article, i,m also going to have a look at the Hensoldt, but the big 72 mil one. A friend owns one, and i remember being blown away by its optics when i looked through it 12 months ago. I,d forgotten about it.

Anyone any idea who does Hensoldt over here ?

I know the sportsman do the zeiss ones, but they dont have a target turret on the windage dial. I do hope they aren,t only milrad too. I,m a 1/4" moa man myself.

Hello Dave,

If you are at Diggle this Saturday you will be able to have a look through all the scopes you are interested in, I will have my March, Mr ###### will be there with the pmII and a mate is coming over with my old Hensoldt. I do love the March but if a Hensoldt came up at the right money(56mm objective), I would have it in an instant.

Cheers,

Craig

Dave,

I've not shot but looked thru' a couple of the March's and was impressed with the clarity. They are very well made, feel 'right' if you know what I mean. The new compact tacticool is very neat.

Think biggest problem Gary has is getting enough into the country, they just 'go'(the 80x ones are selling to the airgunners, perfect ranging on the paralax apparently :huh: )

Brgds

Terry

Having read that excellent article, i,m also going to have a look at the Hensoldt, but the big 72 mil one. A friend owns one, and i remember being blown away by its optics when i looked through it 12 months ago. I,d forgotten about it.

I know the sportsman do the zeiss ones, but they dont have a target turret on the windage dial. I do hope they aren,t only milrad too. I,m a 1/4" moa man myself.

Hi Dave,

Zeiss UK will supply Hendsoldt scopes, however as far as I am aware they are all 1cm @ 100m.

Regards,

Nick.

Thanks for all your help guys, its much appreciated.

From digging around it does appear the the hensoldt is cm clicks, so its a no go for me. I own a pile of scopes and they are all 1/4" MOA. I can just about cope with 1/8" clicks, but i,m not going to confuse matters by buying a cm scope. I have trouble enough dialing the big schmidt the right way !

I,m half considering an 8-32 NF nightforce, because they are front parallax, the image quality is better, and quite markedly over the nxs....at least to my eyes anyway.

I,m also considering another 5-25 schmidt, as again, i,m bloody sure the image quality is better than its big brother.

Dave,

You can actually order the Zeiss with a target turret on the windage dial (you have to pay extra, but cheaper than getting it retro fitted), so it's actually fitted in the factory when they make the scope, which is what I did.

Quite why they decided to delete the windage target turret on the 6-24 is a bit of mystery - what they had before worked fine. They seem to have just copied a bad feature from another manufacturer; instead of having two target turrets, you have one "bullet drop compensator".

If you ask they can sometimes get hold of one of the US bound 6-24x72 with 1/4 moa clicks, which are made in Germany. The Zeiss also has normal reticles available - with the Hensoldt you're stuck with mil dot.

I don't think other scope manufacturers have anything similar to the new FL glass, so well worth a look if you're not too impressed with S&B.

Andrew

Archived