Old school tactical.

Just finished this one for sale, in between customer jobs.

This is a copy of the USMC M40 sniper rifle from the late vietnam era onwards etc. Its not an exact clone like the M24 i built a while back, but intended as a pretty close copy that was built to use, not be a safe queen.

The action is a fully blueprinted remmy 700. Its fitted with a Bartlien 5R stainless barrel at 24" long.Custom lug . It has the correct crown and taper as per the original.

Badger ordnance rail and rings.

The trigger is a rifle basix...whilst looking right, it offers a better pull than the original.

Stock is a mcmillan M40 replica fully bedded fitted with a removable front stud [original did,nt have one ] i also have a pair of the correct swivels for it too, and a national match type sling.

The floorplate is a Williams billet steel blued model, and absolutely beautiful.

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

The scope is not correct, but i thought quite right for the gun. Its a US optics fixed 10 power, with the rear focus and mildot reticule. It also has ranging marks on the ret which look very much to me for measuring the height of a man. They aren,t for deer.

Finish is Duracoat H+K satin black, which is very close to the original.

Lovely representation of the original.

Someone will be very happy.

Thats a nice project there Dave-i would like to see it with a redfield scope on it as the original did but the u.s optics is doing the rifle justice.

all you need now is build the A1-A3-A5 to complete the set!

Yeap ,

The Old school sniper rifles have a almost simple un cluttered look to them , they are also usually much lighter in weight than the current designs .

I like the smooth / untextered McMillan HTG stock , I need two items to be able to start my version , 1 , a McMillan stock ,& 2 , a USO scope mount for MST-100 .

I am part way into a Canadain C3A1 build , which is a Parker Hale M87 with a Unertl 10x scope & special PH mount in either a wood TX1200 tgt rifle stock , or a McMillan A2 .

A guy here in NZ , did a rifle very simlar to yours , But he used a NF NXS 2-5-10x32mm compact scope , and small scope looks really nice on it .

However , the Old school rifle , I like the most , is a Parker Hale M85 , a very neat piece of kit .

Later Chris

Archived