Carbon remover

6.5shooter

Im sure this has been covered and talked about many times on here but what chemical do you fellas use for carbon removal?

At present im using butches bore shine and have used m-pro7 bore gel.

No matter how many times I think I have my 6.5x47 barrel clean I say to myself heck Ill clean it again to make sure and more dirt comes out.

Powder is reloader15 and I know it has a bit of a rep for this but its so accurate I dont fancy changing.

What do you fellas find is the best carbon remover?

Garry

I use KG 1, 2 & 12 for all my cleaning, it brings out any carbon or copper and I find it easy to apply and use, on patches and brushes.

Before KG I used butches, the reason I changed was I went upto a mates house to show him the new rifle he said does he want him to give it a clean, I said no need already cleaned it before coming up he said what with and how so I explained.

He said let him clean it with his KG products an see what I think.

Well first patch went threw an picked copper up oh I thought I'd got all that out before.

He carried on cleaning, plenty dirty patches later all copper & carbon removed and nicely polished up to.

Never used anything else since then, KG all the way for me now

Hth Richard

What Snowz said. KG1 is the best carbon remover I've used, and it gets some copper out as well. Economical in use, in part due to the good dispenser, doesn't stink, not too nasty on one's skin. Recommended.

Tony

iv used kg1 for 4yrs now cant be beat for carbon removal well apart from jb paste now and then.for copper i use butchs bore shine and kroil mixed 50/50 shifts it good style.

http://www.openseasonltd.co.uk/

But I wonder if this is the same as the Ebay seller from whom I bought my KG-1? He/she was called "openseasonshooting", bit of a coincidence - item was very slow to arrive and seller failed to reply to my queries. I see he/she has no items on Ebay now.... Maybe this was a blip in the case of an otherwise satisfactory supplier, who knows. I hate slow suppliers who also don't communicate. Anyone know another source of KG products? I'd like to try more, and will certainly stick with KG-1.

Tony

http://www.openseasonltd.co.uk/

But I wonder if this is the same as the Ebay seller from whom I bought my KG-1? He/she was called "openseasonshooting", bit of a coincidence - item was very slow to arrive and seller failed to reply to my queries. I see he/she has no items on Ebay now.... Maybe this was a blip in the case of an otherwise satisfactory supplier, who knows. I hate slow suppliers who also don't communicate. Anyone know another source of KG products? I'd like to try more, and will certainly stick with KG-1.

Tony

yes same guy mate. I have ordered mine through e bay a couple of times. great service and quick post. with out the silly post costs of ordering it from most gunshops.

Used to us M-Pro 7, now use Wipe Out carbon remover - very good.

Archived