primer prices?

TonyH

I dropped into The Sportsman (Exeter) for my bi-annual sniff around their shelves today, bought a few primers for working up a load - Fed205M, to test alongside Rem7.5. I thought they were expensive at £45/1000 - what are others paying? Incidentally the shop didn't have CCI BR4, and no bullets at all in 20 cal - the young man tried to tell me there was little call for them "down here" since hardly anyone used anything in 20 cal, I suppose on the basis that we're all swede-bashing yokels who've never heard of anything since .222 in the 1950s... I told him not to worry since I'm calling at Reloading Solutions next week to collect some stuff, and they always have 3-4 brands of 20 cal bullets in stock, plus a variety of primers.

Tony

Just looked at the last box of primers I bought and they were £35.50 for FED 205M from Target Sports when they used to be in Bolton.

Just as a heads up I now buy most of my stuff from Trent Firearms great little shop for reloading gear.

Andy

Just looked at the last box of primers I bought and they were £35.50 for FED 205M from Target Sports when they used to be in Bolton.

Just as a heads up I now buy most of my stuff from Trent Firearms great little shop for reloading gear.

Andy

And a very helpful chap as well. I was trying to source a 7x57 neck die the other day and although he didn't have one he put me onto someone who did.

Thanks chaps. Confirms that The Sportsman's price is a little high, though I note Baldie's comment re rising prices. These never seem to go down, of course, so probably we should all be stocking up for a decade or two ahead. I met someone in the States in 2009 who'd done this a few years before, in one of the regular gun-control scares they have: he'd bought 40,000 primers and still had a long way to go before they were finished... Mind you, he had the biggest loading room I've seen, about the size of my living room, with 3-4 presses permanently mounted plus a great rack of dies, shelves everywhere.

TonyH

i bought some Rem, 7 1/2 BR's about a year ago and they were $28 USD per 1,000 I went ahead and picked up 10,000 so i didn't have to worry about it for awhile.

Archived