Long Range shooting DVD / Book

Anyone recommend a good DVD or book on the above subject, one that covers rifles, calibres, load development, scopes, equipment etc. I've already got Steve Hanson's "A Varmint Rifle Odyssey" which is a great book.

Many Thanks

Andy

I am a bit of a reader and accuracy "enthusiast"

Good sources of info;

Precision shooting at 1000 yds - Brennan

Understanding Firearm Ballistics - Rinker

Rifle Accuracy Facts - Vaughn

Many, many other books to choose from, there is also loads of info available here (on the site) and on numerous web sites stateside and here.

I am a bit of a reader and accuracy "enthusiast"

Good sources of info;

Precision shooting at 1000 yds - Brennan

Understanding Firearm Ballistics - Rinker

Rifle Accuracy Facts - Vaughn

That list made me smile, I’d go along with that recommendation completely:

P1010061.jpg

Adding to my personal list of the useful:

I'd highly recommend Ultimate Rifle Accuracy -got a feeling it may be out of print. It's the first rifle accuracy nut book I ever bought and is excellent.

Not shown; I'd also add the Precision shooting guide to reloading. A masterwork when starting out. (Don't do any of it, but nice to know what I should be doing! :lol: )

I’d also really recommend ‘Small Arms and Cannons’ if you can find it (it’s a Brassey’s/ Royal Military College of Science publication). I found Varmint hunter’s Odyssey a good read too. (You’ll notice I’ve also got Plaster’s book there. Despite the ‘Ultimate Sniper’ tag; it’s a technically proficient good read for understanding longer range shooting as a whole (I bought the first edition back in the early 90s and sold it dog-eared for enough to buy the second edition :rolleyes: )).

P1010062.jpg

Thanks for the replys lads, looking at some of your book collections looks like some of you have been shopping with Sinclair's. If any of you havn't got them Dick Wrights Bench rest primer and Glen Newicks Ultimate in rifle accuracy are very good reads. A Varmint Hunters Odyssey always makes me smile when I read it, some absolute monster guns in there, would love to have a few shots with some of them!!!

just to throw a DVD set into the mix, how about.

How to shoot beyond belief http://www.longrange..._p/60010000.htm

I enjoyed that set.

Mark

I have just been speaking to Aran and there will be a new dvd out early next year

why bother with a reply like this matt you are not contribuiting any thing to the thread we can all copy and paste mate

I have just been speaking to Aran and there will be a new dvd out early next year

I was going to buy the new 'how to read the wind beyond belief' but the postage rice was extortionate $27!!

Mark

Archived