Excellent piece of equipment and one that I never go out without. One comment I would make is that the only time i have had trouble ranging something was when the light was too intense, in Africa and, very occasionally, on a bright sunny day in the UK. But, since we don't have many of them, I don't think it is anything to worry about :rolleyes:

The 1200 has a better laser than the 800. While this may appear obvious it does mean that it will range difficult targets at closer ranges better than the 800. Those with limited reflectivity for instance. If you are pinging something like a number plate or roadsign both will exceed their maximum stated capabilities

I have the 1200 and its a cracker, couldnrt afford the extra at the time for the scan version so dont know if I am missing out

Mark

The 1200 has a better laser than the 800. While this may appear obvious it does mean that it will range difficult targets at closer ranges better than the 800. Those with limited reflectivity for instance. If you are pinging something like a number plate or roadsign both will exceed their maximum stated capabilities

I have the 1200 and its a cracker, couldnrt afford the extra at the time for the scan version so dont know if I am missing out

Mark

Mine has the scan function, but I rarely/never use it... You're not missing much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have had the leica 900/ 1200,lrm. & now the 1200crf-y, fantastic bit of kit

i am now thinking of upgrading to the geovid in the summer,just wish i had done so in the first place,and saved a small fortune,

I have had a Leica for about 7 years, good bit of kit but you get no warning when the battery is about to go flat. I have only been through a couple or three batteries in that time so its small beer.

If I was buying today I would be looking at rangefinder binos instead.

A

Problem with range finding binos is you have to lug the extra weight around whether you need it or not. :mad:

I find it much easier to have separate binos and range finder. That way you get the best of both worlds. Range finder stay in the roe sack or on the truck passenger seat until its needed.

Archived