6.5 creedmoor OACL

sandtrap

Just took delivery of a new full custom 6.5 creedmoor, Bartlein barrel with a Defiance action . Bullets I have are Nosler RDF 130grn . I'm trying to find bullet seating depth , using a candle to soot the bullet and cycling it , best I can find is 2.888" on the lands so Iv set bullets at 2.860" 

but on the Nosler website it says S.A.A.M.I. max OACL is 2.825" am I doing something wrong 

i shot the rifle the other day and after shooting 10 and cleaning between each it shot a 3 round group at 100m with 0.23"  so almost a one hole group !

Rifle is awesome .. gun builder made something very nice here ! 

IMG-1191.png

IMG_1940.HEIC

Hi sandtrap,

Looks like it'll be a shooter,nice group, be interesting to see how your first 10 shot group on a dirty barrel ends up. I wouldn't worry about what length the nosler book says as long as you're happy with your measurements and its not showing pressure signs, why not try closer to the lands.

All the RDF's are fairly jump intolerant. I've found in both 6.5 and .22 calibre, the sweet spot is usually around 0.040" from the lands.

A very good bullet, once you find the spot though.

Not alot wrong with that group.i would try a few more groups before you change anything being barrel is new.being repeatable is the key.i am almost certain the gun will out shoot you.  To be precise measuring get a oal gauge, comparator and a modified case then recheck it with that then measure one of your loaded rounds and compare.

Archived