Swarovski1

Just made a zero stop for my 32 mag sightron scope.the blue ring that holds the seal on a 2ltr cola bottle.rubbed it down on sand paper until it just n just fitted between bottom of the turret and flat surface of scope body.it appeared to work perfectly.winds down 1 or 2 click low if your are a bit quick on the turret but do it slow it stops cock on.

post-12052-0-38774500-1478950831_thumb.jpg

If you had of used semi skimmed you wouldnt have had to skim any off

Semi skimmed are often green,though -I couldn't find any tacticool black,or cammo,tops;and a major US soft drinks company wanted 5 cents royalty every one used.Of course,differnt colours for differnt zeros is the neat solution to this for personal use.

Recycling helps us all.....

Cosmetics apart,better than (black) insulating tape wound round....(elastic band if you have a sensitive touch)-though there are superior materials to use-ones which are more temperature tolerant-you don't want your zero swelling up..... :-)

It is a quick fix,worth a try-and will give you some idea if the concept is for you,prior to possible but considerable custom investment.

gbal

You need to be careful when using a zero stop as I'm told that the internal threads in the turret are very fine and easily stripped. A few years ago someone came up with the idea of inserting washers inside the Night Force turret to act as a zero stop, I even purchased several sets and the guy (USA) sold a lot of them.

When Night Force got to hear about it they immediately said any warranty would be void if scopes were returned with stripped internal threads. I believe the threads are brass?

I use the zero stops on all my March scopes but I have them set several MOA below actual zero, that way every time you get to 0 you wind down slowly until you hit resistance and then come back up to Zero.

I

My home-made zero stop looks like a total turd, its a lump of wire coiled round and filed to the correct depth, but it's internal in my Mk4.

Couldn't live without it though.

I've got so used to counting clicks up n down I do it second nature.i was in the mood for tinkering so I had a play with it.10 minutes and it was sorted.i would rather a proper job but this make do will be ok for time being.zero stop was the best thing I found with the vortex pst 24 mag.i had been giving it some thought since I found sightron turrets are not so firm and I adjusted elevation turret taking the scope coat off.

The beauty of zero stops for me is that if you ever lose place of where you are.....wind it down til it bottoms out, and start over.

I reckon a metal zero stop might be better made a tad smaller then hacksaw through it.when it is pushed over and down into position it will be gripping the turret and a small gap that would be best to line up with zero mark.obviously if you change ammo this will affect the zero stop.mine is made for a 100yd zero.ive made another in black now.

I reckon a metal zero stop might be better made a tad smaller then hacksaw through it.when it is pushed over and down into position it will be gripping the turret and a small gap that would be best to line up with zero mark.obviously if you change ammo this will affect the zero stop.mine is made for a 100yd zero.ive made another in black now.

I think I know what you're getting at. Another take is to use some sort of clamp that can easily be adjusted by undoing a clamp-screw so it can be moved to any position up the turret to match the 100 yd zero of the current load. I think that the simpler the better though, and the tube idea is a good one, metal or otherwise. I must get a mate I know with a lathe to make some up in aluminium for me.

Archived