.260 rem?

Hi I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the .260 rem . It seems a very versatile round, having never shot one I wonder what the recoil is compared to a 243 or 308?

cheers

I've been using 260 Rems since '99. I've got two currently http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/gallery/member-galleries/p2948-remington-700-sa-in-260-rem.html and the one in my footer which is for sale. I think these are barrels 4 (in use) and 5 below has just been shot at proof.

I've shot factory Federal in 120/140 gr and factory Remington in the same weights. I have reloaded 123 gr A-Max, 129 gr SP and 129 gr SST, 130 gr Sciroccos, 140 gr A-Max and 142 gr SMKs. I've got some 125 gr Nosler Partitions to collect from the RFD shortly. I like it a lot to shoot and I find it's very good for the occasional guest to shoot too.

Best regards

JCS

Check my mate on utube 260 rips, he uses a 260 with 140gr amax to great results ;)

Gaz

I've just had a quick look, oh yes that dude can shoot!!!!!!

I've got two, one is an AI AX, the other a customised T3. The AX loves 139 Scenars and all the work up loads were under half MOA (so definitely not fussy), the T3 loves the older 140 SMK's. Both perform extremely well with N160 which is an excellent alternative to H4350.

Cheers lads keep it coming it all sounds great so far. A mate describes it as a do it all calibre ,would you guys agree?

I use my 260s for stalking and target to 1000 yards.....if I could only have 1 rifle it would be 260.

Cheers lads keep it coming it all sounds great so far. A mate describes it as a do it all calibre ,would you guys agree?

It's close to a do it all calibre, but for an occasional sika I think I personally will try and use a 308 Win in the future. Not withstanding that I've shot a small number (2 dozen) of sika with 243 Win, 243 AI and 260 Rem.

Regards JCS

I've just had a quick look, oh yes that dude can shoot!!!!!!

Gaz taught im well ;) is he not on this foram ?

I've been using 260 Rems since '99. I've got two currently http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/gallery/member-galleries/p2948-remington-700-sa-in-260-rem.html and the one in my footer which is for sale. I think these are barrels 4 (in use) and 5 below has just been shot at proof.

I've shot factory Federal in 120/140 gr and factory Remington in the same weights. I have reloaded 123 gr A-Max, 129 gr SP and 129 gr SST, 130 gr Sciroccos, 140 gr A-Max and 142 gr SMKs. I've got some 125 gr Nosler Partitions to collect from the RFD shortly. I like it a lot to shoot and I find it's very good for the occasional guest to shoot too.

Best regards

JCS

After some pm's, a little research on the 6br site and this post http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/27410-calibre-advice-for-newbie/ I decided on a 260. When I get some range membership that is.... Then i'll be putting in the variation. After reading some other peoples posts it seemed a good calibre. For starters anyhow.... :lol:

JCS, which one is for sale? I don't understand by " the one in my footer which is for sale" Do you mean your photo? The one in the link? If so, what sort of price are you looking for?

Cheers

Jamie

Archived