Updates to the Valkyrie Action.

baldie

My action is now available with Diamond fluting and a faceted bolt shroud as optional extras. Standard fluting is helical and the std bolt shroud is a stainless plain one. Last part of the saga to make it "not look like a remington " :lol:

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

Ignore the black tape, its covering the serial number.

The F class prototype action is being worked on over the holiday, and should be making an appearance in the early spring.

Hereford specs Matt. :lol:

I,m very excited about the F class action Ian.I,m gonna barrel one up in .284 and i have a Mcmillan F class stock being made for it at the moment. That will get me a start into the sport. I dont intend to compete seriously, just test the gun properly.

hi dave another nice action , if a customer want . Could you put a different bolt knob on for instance a simple tear drop type?

Ronny,

The rail is held on by 4 x M4 bolts and inbetween those there are two solid steel dowels connecting the action body to the rail. You couldn,t move it with a sledgehammer.

Having a removable rail gives the customer the option of any MOA rail he wants, so he can match it to the scope/distance he is going to use it at.

I supplied a valkyrie .308 to a chap who was using it at 1000 yards, perfectly well. He wanted to go back to 1200 yards, so i supplied him woth a 30 MOA rail and he bolted it on. Due to the utter precision of CNC it locked down perfectly, and the gun is still happily v-bulling at 1200 yards now.

You build a rail in....you are stuck with it.

Spud.

Yes, the bolt knobs are interchangeable. People can have whatever they want.

There are some tactical models underway. Fixed lug, short action with a one piece bolt.

The F class action is a completely new design with features not found on any current action, and addresses the problems caused by using big heavy barrels and big seven mil catridges.

These things take time, and we are in danger of becoming swamped with too many options to be honest, but that was one of the original ideas....to give the customer the options and choices, and we will stick to that ethos.

I,m very lucky in that i shoot MOST of the disciplines the guns are designed around, and even more fortunate to have friends whom i trust who shoot the odd disciplines i dont. Its a simple matter to ask experts in their chosen field to see what features are required.

When i say experts, i mean the guys who are out there, week in, week out, actully shooting the comps.

Archived