"Multi-tools" Leathermans etc

hi peeps

following on form another thread about useful kit , reminded me....im looking to get a multi-tool...Leatherman or the like ...just for general handiness not just out shooting but to keep in motor and general day to day stuff.

been caught out with couple of scenarios lately where one would have saved the day so to speak

i know nowt bout them or know any other brands...

anybody use one and recommend make/model? and where best place to get em? or have you got one you dont use you'd let go?

any advice welcome really.....

ps. afterthought bout legality of carrying one if has a knife blade? any "public" legal models you can carry in yer pocket etc

cheers

sauer

Also have a leatherman wave, had it now for 8 years, would be lost without it in my day to day work, still functioning as well as it was on day one, the cutters will easily cut through the top strand of fencing wire, and the scissors will cut through ratchet strap webbing. Had a gerber before, the leatherman is a lot better quality imho.

Cheers.

Jinks

Another vote for Leatherman.

I've got a Charge Ti. Brilliant, especially if you get the additional screwdriver bit kit. It has most of the popular rifle allen and torx bit sizes in it. Had mine now for about 7/8 years I think and nothing has broken on it yet despite some abuse. The only thing I've replaced is the leahter case which wore out.

I keep a Gerber collapsible plier in the car's glove compartment, one with a small selection of hex-keys etc that fit into a fold-out socket, very useful; and a Kershaw that I got years ago, primarily pliers (adjustable nip) with fold-out tools including a half-saw blade, razor sharp, recommended. Dunno who the current UK distributor is.

Tony

Hi there well another vote for the Leatherman, I have two one is the original model, and I also have a Charge TI excellent tool and well worth having.

ATB Bob

I've got a leatherman wave. Highly recomended. It gets used daily for one thing or another I really don't know how ever I managed without it.

I have had a Leatherman ( Original ) on my hip for about 5 years...It has been faultless and extremely usefull.

I could not be without it now.

The pouch it came in failed a couple years back so had a custom leather one hand made by `Doug` in Cornwall.

Sauer I bought a few of these a while back and could do you a new one in the box for £50 plus post

http://www.heinnie.com/Pocket-Tools/SOG-Multi-Tools/SOG-PowerLock-EOD-C4-Punch-Rescue-Tool/p-94-224-2408/

Use one myself and except for my own abuse works spot on. The cutters will cut barb wire no problem.

I have a new style leatherman 'wave' and it is brilliant. Day to day use farming puts up with stick very well indeed and easy to put an edge on / keep an edge.

Had one that i bought about 11 years ago when the wave first came out and 2 years ago i snapped the blade (after a pretty hard life farming here and in Australia). To illustrate the use, the serrated blade has no serrations left, word totally smooth. I took it to a shop that stocked leatherman good and handed it in complete with the broken piece. 2 weeks later i picked up a brand new one from the shop in the new model, no questions asked.

I would never buy anythig but a leatherman

Leatherman are the best. My mate had one of the AR15 specific models , "the mutt" i think its called on test...absolutely lovely. However, i think all but one of the models has a locking blade. That puts you foul of the law in a public place.

I wont carry a knife for this reason, which quite frankly, is bloody ridiculous.

Archived