600 Yard Crows

sir-slots-alot

nice shooting yet again ;) there was a rabbit sitting up in the left hand corner ! mind you its there for next time ..keep the vids coming

• 2 weeks later...

Great action there Alan. Modern vid cams are wonderful.

That second shot where the crow had a lucky escape was near a replay of what I saw on Sat when I had my younger son out after varmints. The farmer had a huge rolling paddock in some sort of brassica ( possibly chow). The plants weren't very high and there were patches where it was damn near clear. I shot various magpies and hares up to 330yds then let my son have a go, this with the 6.5x47. He warmed up on several around 200yds then lined one up at 449yds as I watched through the Geovids. The bullet strike was absolutely on the maggie and it ducked as a reflex. It can't have missed by more than 2".

Sometimes close misses are just as exciting as a hit

cheers

Chris-NZ

Great action there Alan. Modern vid cams are wonderful.

That second shot where the crow had a lucky escape was near a replay of what I saw on Sat when I had my younger son out after varmints. The farmer had a huge rolling paddock in some sort of brassica ( possibly chow). The plants weren't very high and there were patches where it was damn near clear. I shot various magpies and hares up to 330yds then let my son have a go, this with the 6.5x47. He warmed up on several around 200yds then lined one up at 449yds as I watched through the Geovids. The bullet strike was absolutely on the maggie and it ducked as a reflex. It can't have missed by more than 2".

Sometimes close misses are just as exciting as a hit

cheers

Chris-NZ

Those hares can do a fair bit of damage carnt they :angry:

Steve

Forestry guys round here hate them as they bite the tops off pine seedlings. The buggers will systematically work their way through much of a planted area and it wrecks the growth.

Chris-NZ

• 1 month later...
Guest richness

Hi Chaps.

Only had time for an hour or two's shooting today. I Took along my 17 Rem and old Faithfull my Tikka 223.

Had some excellent and memorable shots - I thought I would share these with you.

WATCH ON BIG SCREEN

ATB

AL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KuXASeGC0o

Brilliant! i love the rabbit chillin in the background at about 2:30...no idea how much danger he's in lol :)

Archived