Info on horse hoof lure

sako75

Thanks Carl, I have an ongoing job that has caused me no end of grief, a couple of foxes are running through a high security enclosure and they are triggering off the alarm censers every night; the security company involved are really p***** off!

They have to attend every time the censers pick up any movement, even though they know it’s probably foxes, it’s just too a high priority establishment to ignore the alert.

I just can’t get the foxes to stop long enough for a clean safe shot; I have tried every trick I can think of all to no avail!

The whole dam place is fenced in 2.5-meter high chain link fencing, and has more cameras than the local high street! Yet they still manage to get in through the gap under the gates, which is approx. 4inches high and has a roller spike arrangement fitted to the bottom of the gates.

Then I remembered the Horse Hoof lure, and thought it’s got to be worth a try; I got a bag full of hoof trimmings from the local stables today and live in hope!!

Many thanks Bob

Hi Gandy the facility is directly adjacent to a trading estate, its a heavily built up area, therefore snaring in out of the questing, far too many dam cats about :mad:

ATB Bob

Hi Gandy the facility is directly adjacent to a trading estate, its a heavily built up area, therefore snaring in out of the questing, far too many dam cats about :mad:

ATB Bob

Fair one mate, like I said it was a stupid question, if you need some 'hoof' my friend is a horseman I'm sure I could get you some.

Thanks Gandy but I managed to get a bag full from my local riding stables, must admit they did give me a funny look when I mentioned the hoof clippings :unsure:

ATB Bob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 'recipe' for horse hoof bait is simple. Get some clippings, especially the 'frog' which is the centre of the hoof, and contains the smelly part of hoof. Put them in a galvanised bucket and cover with just enough waterto cover them. Boli them up outdoors (I use a camping stove) and add more water if needed. Boil for about 1/2 hour and drain the liquid into a plastic container, adding a few clippings.(I found that by cutting the clippings into smaller pieces they handled better)

Leave for a few weeks if possible, and if you get any sunshine, put the bottle directly in sunlight to help it ferment even more.

I generally take a small bottle when I go foxing, and just sprinkle it over the grass. You could also use a spray bottle as well, but be carefull not to get it on your clothes!

It does work, I've used it many times with success.

Steve.

• 1 month later...

Archived