red stag

Shame to take such a fine headed animal IMHO.

Unless of course it was part of the cull plan or it had injury....

Dont get me wrong, I do alot of stalking, but I dont "do" trophy's.

A-max - controlled expansion?

Shame to take such a fine headed animal IMHO.

Unless of course it was part of the cull plan or it had injury....

Dont get me wrong, I do alot of stalking, but I dont "do" trophy's.

A-max - controlled expansion?

I have shot 12 or so animals with 105 AMax and they perform as well as SST or nosler Balistic tip if not better.

Dave

Borden

to say that was a waste of decent animals (if this head was representative of the remainding herd) is an understatement.

I am pretty sure that other estate owners could have been approached and a transfer taken place.

Its too late now anyway.

Heads like this on the ground I manage are left to produce good lines for the following years, when they start to go back, they are culled.

I made the comment as there was no back ground to the photo - now there is a back ground, it seems even sadder that animals like this have been culled.

There is no criticism directed towards you or your friend - although A-Max wouldnt be my own choice on Reds - and I do shoot a few each year.

They may work, but I have several failures causing surface damage - I stopped using poly tipped bullets years ago for that very reason.

I have no desire for the thread to degenerate into match bullets vs controlled expansion bullets - this has been done to death on LRH and other sites.

Archived