6x47

Here,s one i finished last week. Its a 6 x47 lapua.

One of our own actions with 20 moa rail in stainless. Barrel is a tru-flite heavy profile. Trigger is a jewell.

The owner wanted it shoehorning into a s/h rem varmint stock, and i tended to agree with him. I rate that stock as the best remington ever used, its a belter, and made by hs precision. The stock had its old "skim " bedding chipped off and milled out....about as much use as tits on a boar. Then it went back in the miller, and a decent depth of material removed to accomodate some proper bedding with stainless devcon. Floorplate is a hs precision too, with a 5 round mag. This gun will do double duty as a varminter, and bisley gun, mcqueens etc.

Barrelled action was bead blasted.

alchemy3.jpg

alchemy2.jpg

alchemy1.jpg

Thats still taken with the shop,s box brownie Ian :P

I,ve just this minute been and bought a little compact just for taking rifle pics.

I,m also available for girlies that need portfolio,s etc taking. :D

Good looking rifle.

Dave can you get some close ups of your new action please.

the 6x47L is a fantastic cartridge. Been using it for short range F class.

Easy to get 3000 fps+ with 105 Bergers.

Cheers

Dave

I,ve used gallons of the old steel epoxy paul, and loved it. Then one day, our local supplier was out of it, and i paid the few quid extra, and got the stainless. I would not use anything else now. It machines so much better and neater in the milling machine, plus it looks nice.

Looks have a lot to do with a bedding job. When a guy has paid £250 for a full bed, he wants to be able to pop his action out, and it look nice. Doesn,t make a blind bit of difference to how it shoots....but it should look nice. :P

Couldn,t say exactly, as the customer supplied the stock, plus it wouldn,t be right to show HIS price in public.

Dave I agree with that - but I seem to remember it was a slightly different story when people (including yourself) wanted to know the price of the custom titanium moderator (in public).

Andrew

Dave I agree with that - but I seem to remember it was a slightly different story when people (including yourself) wanted to know the price of the custom titanium moderator (in public).

Andrew

Its not a problem Andrew, i,m not going to list the EXACT cost, but i think most people will be surprised to find that this rifle, complete, with all that work was just under £2200.

The other reason i dont like listing prices such as this, is because it emmbarrases other builders who charge a hell of a lot more.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived