Ammo safes what type do you use

jonevo

Hi well I am looking for an ammo safe ,and just wondering what type to get,

Anyone have any tips

thanks

i just bought a digital safe from B&Q and mounted it to the top of my gun safe . :(:rolleyes:

You posted that at 2 o clock last night, and expect to get flooded out with answers when people are only just coming on now after being at work all day ?

Smart arse answers wont help your cause here, that i will guarantee you.

I have a built in cabinet in my main safe. I have a takedown shotgun cabinet, and also two pistol cabinets, all full of ammunition, in different parts of the house. The rifle bolts are also secreted in these. The safes from band q are perfectly acceptable to the police, and are a damn sight cheaper than ammunition safes.If I was installing any more, then this would be the way i would go.

Hope this helps you.

Baldie thank you for your reply I wasnt being a smart arse but with 14 viewers surely 2,3,or4 of them could have kindly placed an answer,this forum like many other forums needs posts and posters to respond,I dont expect a flood of replies.

So to put it this way, if I ran this site I would be more than glad for anyone to post and make it an interesting post,A forum without posts and its comments does not make it a good place for informative posts ,but when you have people viewing and no replies well............... it doesnt make it of any interest does it.

Thanks again for your input and I am sure it will get some more posts,hopefully not negative

Smartarse formally jonevo :(

What you will find Jon is the membership here are a little more informative, and generally dont fill the pages with ill informed info like places like the bbs do.Folk tend to keep quiet unless they have something worthwhile to say , or pass on.

Its a busy site, but folk tend to read more, rather than inanely flap their lips, unlike other sites.

There are a lot of real expert riflemen here, but the site can appear slow at times.

Quality, not quantity. ;)

Have a pistol cabinet ;) , that now is used for bullets, plus I have a secure room, where loaded ammo is kept and like others a few cabinets with top boxes for bolts and the like.

can definately say that the quality on this site is far superior to others where you end up with a bunch of real numb nuts who dont even have the slightest inkling of what they are on bout!!!! they shouldnt be allowed to reproduce put it that way.

maybe the 14 who viewed hust use the safe built intro the top of a standard rifle cabinet?

i have a small digital pad entry job that was bought from makro donkeys years ago its bout 20" x 20" x 20" ish give or take

has two shelves and is bolted onto the gable end of the house along side my cabinets.

believe they much n such the same as b&q jobs etc

sauer

Don't know if they have something similar in the UK, but here's what I have...just need to get a second one, since I'm way out of space (been thinking the "Fatboy" model along with my current safe MIGHT be enough... ;) )

Liberty Lincoln Model

Dang guns keep multiplying in the safe when the wife's away... :lol:

Here's a picture of mine, with the door open...

Trust baldie to put him on the staight & narrow ;):lol:;)

I have an internal ammo safe for finished goods and a separate safe for all of the clutter that comes with loading your own. I have to agree with MarinePM1, you can never have a big enough cabinate.

Cheers

Neil

I have "almost enough" gun storage but have to leave the ammo in another locked wooden cupboard which is perfectly legal here in NZ.

Safe1.jpg

Safe6.jpg

Safe3.jpg

The converted ATM machine weighs over a ton and the ~40mm door alone weighs over 200kg. Had a cavity allowed for in the den when we built the house. I have no worries about it walking off or anyone breaking into it..

Chris-NZ

Every time I see this pic Chris, I go green with envy....

Awesome ;)

Archived