custom .260 Rem

Finished this one yesterday for a trade customer.

His customer is a very good one, this is the 3rd custom he,s had this year.

Anyway, its a surgeon action, with a fluted Krieger barrel, fitted with an ASE mod.

Its fully bedded into a mcmillan HTG stock, with our ploorplate system fulled bedded in too.

Invisible cap etc.

The chap wondered if it would be possible to paint the action/barrel to look similar to the stock, so i had a go. I was very pleased with the result, and its an avenue i now intend to pursue further.

This is a very nice rifle, that i would have loved to own myself...very well balanced, and not heavy.

100_0703.jpg

100_0705.jpg

100_0696.jpg

100_0697.jpg

100_0707.jpg

100_0710.jpg

Looks good Dave, nice match to the original Mc swirly.

Ive done quite a few stalking rifles using this stock, it lends itself to this type of rifle, light, ajustable and solid, plus easy to ajust to accept BDL, HSP and mag based bottom metal systems (like your very own)

BD

the Surgeon is an excellent base to start with for a custom.

• 1 year later...

As I have just joined I realise that I am catching up and responding to older posts so probably no-one is reading them but ... I can't help myself.

The rifle in Daves post is MINE and I will sell it to anyone for £1000,000.00 ..... anything less and I am not interested because its a work of art and its MINE and I love it!

DaveT

Very nice Dave i have a slot on my FAC for a 260 & saw a very nice russel gall rifle at the SGA shoot on one of his own actions with a mcmillian & kreiger barrel. Your work on that rifle is very nice i could work with that rifle ever elwoods is nice bit of kit.

Archived