22.250 Lapua Brass

sir-slots-alot

Gents

Just a heads up for those who reload for the 22.250.

Reloading solutions finally has Lapua 22.250 cases now in stock.

ATB

Alan

I shudder to think of the price! Saw some Lapua .223 the other day at £67/100.

TonyH

Tried it once as its my preferance of brass and had problems so changed to norma and all good now

Ian

Ian , when did you try it ?

I was under the impression that lapua only started manufacturing 22.250 cases in Jan 2010.

And it had only just found its way over to the UK.

maybe I am wrong :blush:

Alan

UUMMMMM got me thinking now alan as it was a while back and could have sworn it was Lapua but the head gets a bit fuzzy with age :blush::wacko:

still have the brass somewhere so will check and get back to you

it may well be that i wanted lapua and couldnt get!!! doh !!!

ian :blush:

I have not used Norma brass , But I have talked to shooters in the US and NZ , and the concensus , seems it is not as good as Lapua , and is quite a bit softer than Lapua .

So if you like running hot loads in say a 338LM or any other cal , even given the fact that Norma is in some case 1/2 the cost of Lapua , most feel because of the better quality & hardeness ( which means you can reload it twice as much as Norma ) ,is still better to buy lapua , and not Norma .

The only fly in the ointment is the sad fact that , Lapua do not make a large range of cals ,

And I just wish they still made the 300WM brass & maybe some WSM brass .

Later CHris

Chris,

I use Norma and Sako brass at the moment in the 22.250 ,

I would agree Norma cases have soft brass..... I can tell by the amount of brass removed when I trim the

Norma cases , Far more than from the Sako's.

I do like Norma cases , but they are quite a bit more expensive than Lapua and I believe that you will not get as

many reloads from them

ATB

Alan

Interesting obversation Chris and Alan,

I have had more split necks with Norma 22-250 cases then any other, i stopped using them in my Ackley after i was experience neck splittong on the 3rd reload. :(

I swapped to Nosler and i am on my 9th reloading cycle with the original 100 cases i bought and not one split neck.

Ian.

Interesting obversation Chris and Alan,

I have had more split necks with Norma 22-250 cases then any other, i stopped using them in my Ackley after i was experience neck splittong on the 3rd reload. :(

I swapped to Nosler and i am on my 9th reloading cycle with the original 100 cases i bought and not one split neck.

Ian.

Interesting Ian... Though I tried other brands I settled on Norma cases with my .222 and hardly ever had a split neck, certainly with far less frequency than when using Federal, rem or WW brass in that and other 22-centrefire calibres. The Norma stuff just went on and on.

Tony

Archived