finally!!! new toy arrives

well finally today i went and picked up my new toy today...its ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nowt to do with delays.....im just been tad impatient waiting its arrival.....but i was good and didnt bug the guy!!!

anyway

Russel Gall of RG RIFLES built it and its .25-06 remington

BAT action left handed

kreiger no4 profile fluted stainless barrel

macmillan stock

jewel trigger

invisble thread cap

northstar ase ultra mod

all bedded etc

and teflon coated in parts

rgbat3.jpg

rgbat2506.jpg

rgbat2.jpg

rgbat4.jpg

anyway Russel has been fantastic and i would highly recommend him, what a workshop !!!!!!!! amazing!!!!!on a slightly different note was looking at his own made actions too........SWEET!!!!!!!!!

i had enquired before ordering this rifle but he wasnt ready for a left handed version when order went in.

anyway just gotta get finger out and get some ammo made up for shooting in etc........

thought i would just buy some to get me going........OH NO!!!!!!!THAT WOULD BE TOOOO SIMPLE!!!

all the so called gunsmiths here dont do 25-06 never mind even some main stream factory ammo and they wonder why they cant get custom when they never have what you want!!! but saying that one shop found a single box of Federal Premium 100 grains .......

£42 quid for 20 !!!!!!!!!!!!! jesus h christ!!!!!!! what the hell is going on with orices of ammo and shotgun carts?!?!?!?!?!?!?

anyway just have to get finger out and get homeloads made up

cheers

sauer / paul

no im gonna keep the barrel just bead blasted stainless....the action and the mod were teflon coated.

ill keep you posted how she shoots...when i finally get going!! heheheheee

sauer / paul

Beautiful Paul.

Russ,s actions are something else, aren,t they ? A real nice guy too.

Many hours of fun coming your way with that beauty.

Sweet

get yourself some Speer Hot Core in 100g and Vit 160,

I'm using 53g and getting 3400 fps sub half MOA (my own is a Krieger tube too)

Obviously work up to this load....

cheers ronin ill try that ...

think i have some speer hotcore and vhit 160 !!!!

aye Dave , Russel seems very pleased with his actions, apparently a certain other famoius rifle smith has expressed interest also!!!

i did try to get a RG Action ....but alas hes not ready to do true left handers .....yet. so ill make do with a BAT ...hehehehe

he has some toys in that place i tell you!!!!

a real eye opener was his 6mmppc he has with a futuristic as hell stock of carbon fiber and a really unorthodox shape!!!! summit else!!!

anda helluva a nice guy to boot too!!!!!!!!!

sauer / paul

well went out yesterday and shot 5 rounds with a shoot one clean then shoot one then clean regime

then out today told to 5 shots then clean then repeat till i get to around 50 shot total

well 1st 5 rounds at 30 yards just to get onto the paper then straight out to 100 yards and i had it shooting around 0.75" ish

now that was with homeloads that i found !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading Ronins load for 100grn speer hotcore it rang a bell so i went hunting and found 35 loads of said speer hotcore rounds but with 52grn of vhit N160 so i tried to chamber them thinking they probably wouldnt go but they did!!!!

so im shooting better than i ever have with this and a load i found for the old sauer!!!

so bit of tweaking with seating depth coz i think its actually on the lands and im not increasing loads untill i back them off 15thou or so and try again with 52.0grn of vhit.

but so far sooo goooooood!!!!!!!

paul / sauer

Hi Sauer

That’s certainly a very nice looking rifle and should drill tiny little holes in those varmints etc; an excellent choice of calibre ;)

Must say those scope mounts look like they will never move :)

ATB bob

was quoted 6 months when ordered and worked out just over 6 months nearer 7 when i picked it up but i was away for 3 weeks so bang on schedule near as damn it , im sure they mounts were TPS or summit like that . I beleive his waiting list may be around 9 to 10 months now

anyhoo.......... went for a wander round some new permission my brother has managed to wangle.....did a bit of ferreting for the guy then he phones asking if we can manage the deer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eh ...? hello of course no problem!!!!

what v-max hadnt told me was there is a crackin "den" or valley that goes right round one side of the permission near as damn it and its just Roe heaven!!!!!!!!

so of we go and go for a dander round top o this den and straight of ...a mature doe....but shes on heer own....so we skirt wide round her dinnae disturb her....then clock charlie way out so head him off crawl to top of the den and hes wnadering down the bottom and just as we get the rifle up hes...winded us and off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bugger thought i was gonna get to blood my new toy.

so get to the march / boundry and see 3 does and a nice buck but not on our side by at least 250 yards so thtas a no brainer.

walkin back to the motor and v-max grabs my shoulder as were bull shitting and virtually throws me to the deck!!!!!!! "theres a charlie over the other side o the den in a open patch in middle of the gorse!!!!!

crawl up to the edge rifle just free hand but prone and the bugger comes right along the bottom and then sits down and looks at us side on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOM ... THUMP.......

new .25-06 ....BLOODED ...DONE!!!!!

sorry bout the pics but was just taken with a camera phone

paulrgrifleblooded.jpg

paulrgrifleblooded2.jpg

sauer /paul

well went out for a walk more than anything else with the BAT Special ....heheheheheehe

and out comes this bugger form the gorse .....got him bout 110 yards but my shot was a bit rear ward for me......rear lung shot....but still dropped 35lbs gralloched

been a fantastic week for me new rifle and blooded with fox and 1st roe o the season for me

20101stbuckinverkeilor.jpg

20101stbuckinverkeilor2.jpg

all the best

sauer /paul

Well done fella!!!! :rolleyes::)

What a great start for a new rifle!!! , and a lovely looking rifle it is too!!!! ;) ;)

With a cracking bit of kit like that , home-loads are the definite way to go!!! ;)

Enjoy your new rifle buddy!!!

All the best..............

RAY.............................

Archived