New Rifle Range in Gloucestershire

ChrisR

Here's the info on the Gloucester Rifle Range, If you want a copy of the flyer just PM me an e-mail address & I'll send you a pdf or WORD version. Paul's a thoroughly nice bloke, I hope to get over there shortly for a session.

ATB

Chris

The Range is located near Kemble on private land and is built to National Rifle Association and Home Office approved specifications .

The range will be run by qualified NRA Range Conducting Officers holding the latest HME* qualifications and will conduct shooters at all times.

It is hoped the range facilities will extend to a clubhouse with catering facilities enabling larger events to take place.

A limited number of accompanied stalking opportunities are also available.

(* High Muzzle Energy)

THE RANGE

For some time it has been apparent that local facilities for the sporting rifle shooter have been limited with shooters relying on MOD ranges or similar. This situation has finally ended with a new 4 lane 100 Metre range cleared to 7000 J ME ( 5160 ft lbs ) with covered firing points, being made available to the public.

Initially the range will operate for 28 days per year, this will amount to at least twice per month with private bookings available at other times. The 28 days will be available for club members who wish to use the range on a regular basis, for which purpose we intend to introduce an online booking system. Club members will also receive a discounted hourly rate for range use both on club days and outside club hours.

Small parties and individuals will also be catered for with discounts available for group bookings and range hire.

Individual and group training facilities are also available ranging from LANTRA rifle handling courses to BDS shooting test instruction and walkthroughs*.

*Please enquire for details.

PAUL HILL

07970 752275

paul@glosriflerange.co.uk

Membership & Prices

Annual Membership - £ 200.00 (Including one-off joining fee of £ 15)

This includes 2 free range sessions and a £ 10 retail voucher as well as further range sessions at £ 20 per hour weekends and £ 25 per hour weekdays.

Non Members Prices

Weekends - £ 30 per hour

Weekdays - £ 35 per hour

(Weekends will be restricted to 14 of the available 28.)

Please contact us for group booking prices and details.

I have been a member at Minsterly for nearly 20 years i pay £200 a year and a £6 a day range fee, like Micky said visitors pay £25 per day whether busy or not.

Just as a matter of interest how do the Glos. range prices compare with lane hire at Bisley as i have never shot rifle at Bisley before.

Ian.

I have been a member at Minsterly for nearly 20 years i pay £200 a year and a £6 a day range fee, like Micky said visitors pay £25 per day whether busy or not.

Just as a matter of interest how do the Glos. range prices compare with lane hire at Bisley as i have never shot rifle at Bisley before.

Ian.

http://www.nsc-bisley.co.uk/common/asp/ran...es.asp?site=NSC

:o

i hoot with grove small arms in norfolkand membership is around £40 a year and to shoot at barton road out to 1200 is £12 per day and thats for all day

Come down to Cornwall,our 100m range with 8 covered firing points and additional uncovered lanes,huge comfortable facilities ,toilets/kitchen etc etc is just off the A30,you can join at £60 pa and play Tues ,Thurs and Sundays from 9.30 to 3 ish for £3 range fee or visitor £6.Other days can be arranged I,m sure.Don,t think I will be paying Glos range a visit £20 - £35 per hour you are clearly joking.Ar,nt you???

Come down to Cornwall,our 100m range with 8 covered firing points and additional uncovered lanes,huge comfortable facilities ,toilets/kitchen etc etc is just off the A30,you can join at £60 pa and play Tues ,Thurs and Sundays from 9.30 to 3 ish for £3 range fee or visitor £6.Other days can be arranged I,m sure.Don,t think I will be paying Glos range a visit £20 - £35 per hour you are clearly joking.Ar,nt you???

Well to drive to Cornwall & back from Oxfordshire that's £140 + worth of fuel, to drive to Kemble & back which is just under an hour that's £15 in fuel mmm I'll stick with paying £30 in Gloucestershire thank you.

Shooting gets dearer, the further south you go its seems.

I,m a member of 3 clubs here.

Mattersey. Its £105 per year, open 365 days, has around 10 ranges, and no range fees at all.

Diggle. I think it was £135 this year, because we lost the police contracts [it subsidised the fee] That too is now open all week, and is probarbly the foremost range outside of Bisley. Usually 50pence for a target in the weekend comps.

Thurnscoe . Smallbore and shotgun. £50 a year and no range fee,s as such.

I should add that only Diggle has Manned butts, and you obviously have to take turns etc.

If i was paying the prices quoted for the new place etc, i would expect markers, and butts crews as at Bisley.

It,s grim oop north..........but it,s cheap. :)

ChrisR,sorry mate my post was really just to reflect/compare range costs and a trip to Cornwall solely to shoot would be very prohibitive I agree but lots of you guys holiday down here and the offer is there for anyone visiting .One member has already contacted me and was totally unaware of our facility which is only 5 miles away from where and when he visits his mum a few times a year.

Our range is run on a non profit making basis,most monies returned back into the club benefits,some to pay rent.Reading some of these posts has confirmed to me that we are very very lucky to have our range although many of us down here probably dont need it just to shoot as we can do that on our permissions.There is also a full blown 40 target field target air rifle range there as well!!!

I would imagine the "Glos" range is run as a business and hence the fees, this I fully understand but hey!!!"GOLF" is at least 5 times cheaper than that!!! Well it is down here.

I'll stick with paying £30 in Gloucestershire thank you.

Yeah but thats per hour Chris, when i go to the range i am there all day (7 hours) that would cost me £210!!!! even as a member it would be £140.

I forecast that this fascility wont last very long unless they severly cut their prices, anyone who pays that kind of money for range time must be very wealthy, the words "fool" and "easily parted" come to mind.

Ian.

It is not far from where I live but at those prices I am heading to bisley. £30 for an afternoon/morning or £60 ish for the day. It costs me £25 in petrol so I am still quids in. Sorry guys but the price is to high. I was considering it but cannot justify that cost. It would be cheaper for me to drive to minsterly as a non member there than drive the 20 miles or so to you guys. Get the price right and I will consider it.

Yeah but thats per hour Chris, when i go to the range i am there all day (7 hours) that would cost me £210!!!! even as a member it would be £140.

I forecast that this fascility wont last very long unless they severly cut their prices, anyone who pays that kind of money for range time must be very wealthy, the words "fool" and "easily parted" come to mind.

Ian.

Agree with ian i pay 25 quid at minsterley for a full day..and costs about 20 quid diesal .but well worth it..and takes me about half hr before i even pull my trigger with setting up ect...so theres half hr gone...way too steep....also rushing while shooting dont mix...better to relax and take as much time as you have.

Mick

hoew far from diggle are you baldie

About 40 minutes Spud. I would guess at 25 mile ? its not far, but one of them places, that just takes some getting to, on the backwhacks.

Archived