410grms (14.4 oz)

*WIDTH

38mm (1.5 inches)

*SOUND ATTENUATION

40db

*EXTENDED BARREL LENGTH

10cm (4 inches)

£620

One thing I would be mindful of with a TI mod is galvanic action. I have a lump of Titanium on a lump of steel on a lump of brass in my office as a paperweight. The steel corrodes more than what I would normally expect in what is a fairly dry environment. I would recommend you are sure to always grease the treads of the barrel with copper slip or similar.

Dave

Like the weight and its a titanium reflex, dont like the price !!,

http://www.lawrenceprecision.co.uk/index.html

Anybody tried one yet?.

A

Hi Geoff,

I would take those attenuation figures with a massive pinch of salt, infact I would not even bother looking at them at all as they are quite clearly a complete work of fiction,

Regards,

Nick.

That website is a bit of a joke - one of the photos that used to be on that site of 'our CNC equipment', was in fact a photo lifted (without permission) from Lilja barrels website. They only took it down when Dan Lilja chased them up - 'our CNC equipment' was actually a CNC machine sitting in the Lilja workshop in Montana!

How on earth someone can post a picture on their own website with a photo lifted from someone else's website 'by mistake', is difficult to comprehend. They then had the nerve to put 'copyright' at the base of the photos - perhaps they should have read the 'copyright' words on the Lilja website before they lifted the photo!

Andrew

I would agree with 20ppc's and 20tac's statements. In testing we were present, one of their moderators didn't even come close to that. In fact, as I recall it, its performance was below the average produced by all the other moderators tested. They were invited to take part in testing and refused to submit any moderators, but somebody had one and it was tested.

So it has been tested and found wanting, that was what i was wondering. If the owner of that company is here we would welcome your input and comments as to any modifications done in the last six months or so.

In fairness most suppliers dont mind you using their pics of you are selling their products but it does sound like things may have been taken a bit far. I picked the info up from an add in the latest BASC magazine.

A

• 4 months later...

Anybody tried one yet?.

A

yes I have tired one,my mate brought one (big mistake) he had to send it back for extra baffels to be fitted and still its very loud,

IMO after testing one its superbly made but you would have thought for the most expensive mod in the country it would be the quietest ???

i suspose it will be Ok on stalking rifle due to the weight saving but at night on a foxing rilfle christ its loud,

I have also tried the brand new third eye tactical mod,smaller and around the same weight of the Lawence creation BUT a third of the price and superbly engineered.

its a no brainer really which on to buy

I have seen a Third Eye one on an HMR, looks a nicly made bit of kit.

A

I picked up there new centre fire model yesterday,very very impressive,light small very made and resonable priced,built and designed by a true engineer and not someone working out there garage charging the earth for something that is the loudest mod on the market

Was asked to fit one of the LP mods last week, I took the liberty of a few pics:

DSCN2257.jpg

DSCN2258.jpg

DSCN2259.jpg

Side by side comparison with T8 AR (.224)

DSCN2260.jpg

Didnt do any testing and I havent got a sound meter anyway, for what its worth, the Aurora seemed alot lighter than similar PES, T8 etc mods, construction quality - looked ok, but didnt have special tool to strip it.

Was asked to fit one of the LP mods last week, I took the liberty of a few pics:

Didnt do any testing and I havent got a sound meter anyway, for what its worth, the Aurora seemed alot lighter than similar PES, T8 etc mods, construction quality - looked ok, but didnt have special tool to strip it.

you cant strip them,they have to go back for any internal work,I think hes trying to guard his secret baffles,i dont know why as there loud as hell,Anglo custom rifles is also making a mod in titainium not seen it yet but at £400 quite abit cheaper than Lawwence precision

iam very surprized he allowed someone else to fit it,you must be honoured unles he getting desperate and people wont travel to him to get them fitted

you cant strip them,they have to go back for any internal work,I think hes trying to guard his secret baffles,i dont know why as there loud as hell,Anglo custom rifles is also making a mod in titainium not seen it yet but at £400 quite abit cheaper than Lawwence precision

iam very surprized he allowed someone else to fit it,you must be honoured unles he getting desperate and people wont travel to him to get them fitted

The base internal has a key fitment to allow stripping / assembly, - I commented on this as I wasn't able to comment on my view of the internal build quality.

I suppose I could have run my borescope through it......

The rifle in question it was fitted to was a Mauser 94, when I clocked the barrel to run at 0, the OD was running .020" off centre,

Consequently, I had to open the bushing a similar amount to prevent this affecting the concentricity of the moderator bore.

Hasten to add that this wasn't caused by the moderator construction.

I did notice that the bore of the mod was circa .370".

I would have expected it to be a bit less, this may account for the noise?

Just recieved my new third eye spartan mod for my 300 win mag and it looks a superb bit of kit, the quality of the engineering in it is second to none. Off to cornwall this weekend to try it on my custom rifle made by border. will post some comments on performance and pictures of it and my rifle on return.

They look real nice .

BUT , the Reflex type telescoping design's that have a small amount of baffels forward of the muzzle , relay on large volume , usually thru large outside dia of suppressor etc , and this reflex design ignores this totally ( as its small dia) .

So in short , I donot like the fact the can only has a few inches of suppressor body in front of the muzzle , would like to see a larger dia for magnums etc , and no mention of what actual grade of Ti , the high grades are much more expensive than the lower ones , and I would like a all welded construction like the US AAC type ext .

Later CHris

Spot on Chris.

Baffles in front of the muzzle are what stops noise. Failing that, it is always going to be a trade off between sound suppression, and weight/ease of handling.

Look at some of the best mods around for quietness, they all have a large amount of mod in front of the muzzle, ie, the ase utra, or like the one i,ve just bought, a brugger and thomet.They are very quiet indeed, but you wouldn,t want it on a sporter, because they are heavy and unweildy.

The perfect moderator will never be built, because you cant please all the people , all of the time.

The best by far of the titanium ones is the quicksilver, it ticks all the boxes and is very quiet.Thats down to the tight bore holes which are cal specific [another very important factor for noise ] and the sheer quality of its manufacture.

When i redesigned the a-tec for ourselves, i reduced the baffle bores, and it made a hell of a difference. This however, means that mods made to such tight tolerances MUST be fitted by someone who knows what they are doing.There is no margin for error, in thread machining, unsquare shoulders, or failure to use a ring gauge.

Cant wait to try one of the third eye mods, if its like Craig,s other gear , it will be top notch.

Anybody tried one yet?.

A

apart from not liking the price you wouldnt like the customer service either,just spoken to another chap i know who brought one and had to send it back with zeroing issues and blow back down his barrel to the point of fire cutting,his wife met lawence with the mod and short note explaining what the problem was,lawence snatched the mod and the note and sped off without even a thankyou and good bye

so Simon I know you read this site,book your ideas up pal as your getting a shocking reputation

• 4 weeks later...
apart from not liking the price you wouldnt like the customer service either,just spoken to another chap i know who brought one and had to send it back with zeroing issues and blow back down his barrel to the point of fire cutting,his wife met lawence with the mod and short note explaining what the problem was,lawence snatched the mod and the note and sped off without even a thankyou and good bye

so Simon I know you read this site,book your ideas up pal as your getting a shocking reputation

update on this,the guy has asked for his money back and after a fight with threats from trading standards,he finally got his money alas a post dated cheque,lets hope it clears

Archived