Hollow point boat tail Sieera gamekings

Orka Akinse

hi oa,

what caliber ????????? if deer legal then all you need worry about is the bullet weight and where you are shooting in the country as it fits the bill of been expanding in a controlled manner as i read it .

40 grainers in 224 caliber are devastating on fur and feathers as are 6mm/243 70 grainers havent tried them on deer as use vmax or noslers on small deer in 243 and soft points in 308 .

graham.

If they are classed as expanding ammo as the name Gameking suggests and you need the wording to be on your ticket to purchase them then in that scence they are legal for deer as long as all the other criteria is reached ie muzzel velocity, muzzel energy, and of course minnimum required caliber for species

ian

Cheers Fella's

When asking if they are legal for deer assume all other criteria necessary e.g. muzzle energy/cal etc are deer legal sizes.

I saw them in a shop and a mate uses them and I just wondered if they are legal for deer in the UK. Just cos it got Gameking on the box and them being of American manufacture does not mean automatically they are legal here :lol:

Thats the $64,000 question duey, do they expand in a controlled manner as per the requirement here in the UK [as I understand it]? The only difference I see in them is at the Mplatt [is that what you call it?] where the hole is, there are little grooves I'm told are there to aid expansion but other than that and to the naked eye they are the same as scenars which are target rounds ;)

Cheers Fella's

When asking if they are legal for deer assume all other criteria necessary e.g. muzzle energy/cal etc are deer legal sizes.

I saw them in a shop and a mate uses them and I just wondered if they are legal for deer in the UK. Just cos it got Gameking on the box and them being of American manufacture does not mean automatically they are legal here :lol:

Thats the $64,000 question duey, do they expand in a controlled manner as per the requirement here in the UK [as I understand it]? The only difference I see in them is at the Mplatt [is that what you call it?] where the hole is, there are little grooves I'm told are there to aid expansion but other than that and to the naked eye they are the same as scenars which are target rounds ;)

I believe the term you're looking for is "meplat". And the little grooves are often referred to as "skives". :D

• 3 months later...

Archived