some 308/lapua scenar help**quick load****

skany

Hi Guys

in my last didch to get lapua scenars shooting can someone crank me out some QL data please:-)

I was using 44.5g of vit 150 beind a scenar & got two bullets touching & one about 3/4rs away from them!(maybe a tad slow 155g amax are 2736ish)

I want to drive em a bit faster & thought as lots of the target boys use vit140/lapuas id give it a wirl!

just put a 155 lapua on the lands & measured it & they come out a 2.863" so i originaly had a 60odd tho jump!

how close to the lands would you go with the scenars & how would it effect the pressure perfomance?

not sure whts needed for QL

but heres wht i know

26" tube 7.62

lapua brass

fed gm210 primers

155g scenar

what does quickload put me at on the high end MV?

cheers Andy

Skany

put it 10-15thou off the lands and if your using N140 then should be about 46gr as a good load pushing between 2800-2900fps which is the fps your looking for and no more

i have loaded up to 47gr of N140 with no pressure problems in my rifle but found it grouped better at 46gr so would recommend you aim to get the fps range with what powder you want to use but of course looking for over pressure signs at all times

Ian

Skany

put it 10-15thou off the lands and if your using N140 then should be about 46gr as a good load pushing between 2800-2900fps which is the fps your looking for and no more

i have loaded up to 47gr of N140 with no pressure problems in my rifle but found it grouped better at 46gr so would recommend you aim to get the fps range with what powder you want to use but of course looking for over pressure signs at all times

Ian

Thanks Ian

:-P

I believe all the cornish zoider boys are running theirs at SAAMI length.

Hi dave

yeah they are with there amax load the same as I am very well they shoot to:-p

jsut low mv but great for varmints but not sure on the range limit!

worked ok at 900yds but must be almost transonic

got a a cheap box of lapua & thought id try em for 1000yds playing if i can get em to shoot!

read in a few places they like to be drivinn hard in slower twists hence the QL question!

also read they dont like a jump to the lands

they kinda shot but nothing like the Amax 3/4"ish with 2 touching

cheers Andy

All the 308's ive used have performed best at 2.850" OAL and 45.5g Vit 140. - 2900fps with 155g Scenar.

Hopefully, my "new" 308 will do the same :rolleyes:

All the 308's ive used have performed best at 2.850" OAL and 45.5g Vit 140. - 2900fps with 155g Scenar.

Hopefully, my "new" 308 will do the same :rolleyes:

Hi Andy

wht tube length would that be mate?

cheers Andy

One had a 24", one a 26".

The latest will have a 24.6 " barrel (on a factory tube), which should arrive in a week or two's time :rolleyes:

One had a 24", one a 26".

The latest will have a 24.6 " barrel (on a factory tube), which should arrive in a week or two's time :rolleyes:

whts u bought mate?

shouldnt u be screwing together ur own sticks:-P

cheers Andy

Ive bought a "factory" gun to replace the AI AW.

Yes I could have made a 308 quite easily, but I like this stick (alot)

Will advise further when it arrives..... :rolleyes:

Your current load sounds to me like a very mild one and maybe not driving them hard enough.

I run 44.5g of n140 behind a 165 grain bullet, so I would have anticipated more around the 46 grains to be appropriate for the 155's. I used to use 46 g behind 150 noslers bt and they were good but too expensive.

My friend runs n 150 and generally runs about 1 grain more than me (140) for a similar speed with a variety of bullets so if you are only using 150 then you may need to go up a bit.

Obviously work up safely etc etc.

Timberwolf......?

Nope :D

Something factory that fits all my lumps and bumps perfectly :rolleyes:

A man with money ! :angry:

is it a DSR-1 ?? :lol:

#1 - I wish!!

#2 - nope :D:angry:

Skany - nope.

TC - er,,,,,,,,,,,well, you may be on ze right track :unsure::wacko:

Archived