Ballistic FTE

bbob

Any one use ballistic fte ? is it fairly accurate and tweekable

How does it compare against other ballistic software bulletflight / exbal etc

I've got it on my iphone.

Initial evaluation seems very precise. I also like the HUD facility and the customisable database.

I have it on my iphone, and compared to exbal its out put is very similar, i suspect it will be more accurate as it has more adjustable parameters.......and the all important G7 drag model ( as well as others ) it can also allow for mid and down range wind prediction.....

Hi Martin,,

All i did with mine , was to shoot a 600 yrd comp,and then tweek it a little bit

Now it looks like it is bob on????

All of the ballistic programs are good,, but you have to do your hard data????

As they say,,, that which promotes growth and vigour in and that which promotes growth and vigour out!!!!!

I have had the chance to have a look at the TAS system???,,, Very good indeed,,

The chap that makes them will do your fps on your chosen load then you can go to him and he will actualy do your hard data,, and then produce your data card,,,,

But it is only for one load??? But you can buy more little discs that go in the thing!!!!!

Myself i think that the way to do it is, Use your phone and do your hard data,, then produce a range card as small as you can,, laminate it and tie it to your scope ???

Then at a clance you have got your come ups

All the best Darrel

Have ballistic fte and bulletflight (expensive version!) and the Ballistic fte is pretty much spot one whereas the bulletflight seems way off?

Though I maybe have missed out something important on it??

Snap :):D

cant figure the bulletflight out at all???

ballistic fte seems spot on?

any ideas people?

As Darrel implied, do your best to accurately feed in all the variables first, but you will DEF need to check it against real-world results.

I haven't tweaked mine yet but the latest result at default settings was within 20mm at 400yds after zeroing at 200.

In any event, the app is so damn cheap, no biggie if you don't like it. Ballistic uses the JBM engine so there's no reason results won't be basically valid

Chris-NZ

Cheers for all the info lads had a go using ballistic fte yesterday, only managed to get a target out to 480 yds.

.243 & .308 are right there very impressed defiantly much better than exbal cant wait to push it out allot further

Archived