New sole UK distributor.

baldie

We have had a very special christmas present today, in the form of a phone call from Tom Manners.

After some time in negotiation, He has appointed us, from today, the UK sole distributor for his stocks.

This has followed on from the US government requiring export licenses etc, as Tom used to ship direct. Not any longer.

We already had a shipment of 20 stocks in various colours earlier this month, and a large order will now be going in over christmas.

Initially we will have several of the models in stock, and in various colours etc, with the more steady ones being added, on a rolling order basis. This will include all the inlets for the popular rifles such as remington, lawton, surgeon, xl,s and we also intend to stock a range for the tikka t3.

Left hand stocks will also be kept in, at no extra cost, and oddballs, and other action inlets, that Tom does, can be ordered and turnaround will be Tom,s average 12 weeks.

Tom launched a new stock, the t5, and also a new badger floorplate system, and bedding block which is permanently fixed into the stock, on snipershide the other night. Its not yet on his site.Here,s the link.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthread...375#Post1507375

We have some GAT,s on order already with the floorplate, and will be adding the new stock and floorplate when it becomes available.

This can only be good news for the british gun trade, and the gun buying customer, as stocks will shortly be available, in the same way that Pete Jackson has mcmillan,s in stock, and en-route. I think our system will work in just the same way.

All the range will be available to the public and the trade as with our other distributorships.

This has come at a good time for us, as we missed a large range of quality stocks, after wilddog took an order then failed to honour it in 12 months, sold up to a new owner, and never informed us.

This will complement our current inventory of bell and carlson, mcmillan, Robertson, hogue, and boyds stocks, currently running in the region of over 400 stocks.

Thanks guy,s and merry christmas.

Manners are the equal of Mcmillan in terms of fit, feel, build quality and strength.

Ive used these stocks for years, they work exceptionally well.

The new T5 and Tikka inletted variants are great additions.

Very welcome news.

Dan

custom (aftermarket) stocks would normally be bettween £300 to £800 depending on spec and style although Baldie will be better placed to say exact prices on the Manners.

Sporter style are usualy cheaper than tactical.

Wow!

For once my timing is perfect, been hassling Roger for a lefty option and Manners have just answered my prayers- the T5. The only problem is now deciding which option to go for.

Baldie, can T5s be added to your order being processed by Manners at the moment, would you recommend the mini chassis system being installed at the factory for use with a field/varmint/target rifle.Should the chassis cost be off set by not requiring bedding.

As sole distributer for the uk you guys at SYSS have won a gold watch. all the best for the festive period. I suspect 2010 is going to be one hell of a year for you.

Cheers Tim.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Tim, There will be some t5s ordered as soon as they are available. Yes the bedding block will be suitable for any type of rifle, but it will be just the same as an aics/hs etc...bedding blocks work, but are always going to be a compromise. They will still be able to be traditionally bedded if the customer wants it.They will however be "good to go" from the box.

DL. No prices as yet unfortunatly, as the pricing structures are being sorted out. I would think the real value stock for a sporting rifle would be the msc-t. Its a similar stock to the mac fitted vto the m40 sniper rifle, and a trad looking rem hunter style.

All the styles are available in left hand, and there will be some left handers put on the order going in over this holiday period. We will aim to keep left handers in stock, in at least the thumbhole and sporter versions, others on request.

When i get some idea of delivery dates i will shout up.

Archived