Hornady 30cal, 168gr A-Max

scotsgun

If it wasn't for all the fools sure to be driving on the wrong side of the road :) I'd invite all of you to come to the States to take advantage of the lower bullet prices.

Seems you guys get taken for a lot more than just shipping costs. Too bad you couldn't get a dealer in on a group buy for bullets and skip whomever it is that's taking such a huge bite out of your shooting wallet. ~Andrew

Too bloody true mate.

I'de broached the subject of emigrating to the US on many occassions with the wife - she was just comming around to the idea when Bush 'W' Junior started destroying the US's reputation worldwide and that put the anchors on.

She's slowly getting used to the idea of emigrating to New Zealand or Canada, but that's more of a lifestyle change and unlikely to improve my shooting prospects.

Too bloody true mate.

I'de broached the subject of emigrating to the US on many occassions with the wife - she was just comming around to the idea when Bush 'W' Junior started destroying the US's reputation worldwide and that put the anchors on.

She's slowly getting used to the idea of emigrating to New Zealand or Canada, but that's more of a lifestyle change and unlikely to improve my shooting prospects.

Wow. What does she think of our newest Communi... er.... Commander in Chief? At least Bush treated England like a friend. Yeah... The U.S. has a really ugly reputation. Luckily, being an American citizen entitles you to not give a damm, nor to take marching orders from outfits like the E.U. ;) At least for a while yet... ;)

Politics aside, it is a sportsman's paradise. You could really unlimber your shooting muscles if you live in the right area.~Andrew

Andrew,

how long before you figure States will seriously consider secession?

In many cases I see folks wondering exactly what value the federal government adds these days......other than massive debt and unsustainable social programs...

There are a huge number of dissatisfied citizens right now... far more than 90% of the press will admit to. I saw the march on Washington in September. Most of the press reported "1 to 2 thousand protesters" but the University of Illinois reported closer to 1.5 million. But for Fox news, the press is in the President's pocket.

Texas has already threatened Secession and they can afford to. They have about the best economy of any state. People are moving to Texas in droves.

My home state of Montana has made some legislation that distances us from the Federal Government ( relating to firearms ownership and manufacturing) but our Senator Baucus is a good pal of President Obama. No danger there.

The next election in 2010 (House and Senate) will tell a lot. People are so angry with Congress and their 13% approval rating, that many of the mainstay fixtures of Congress are most likely going to get pitched. I think there is a Conservative movement that is growing strong here and candidates better be fiscal conservatives or they won't make it.

Recently, the state of California quietly passed a Bill that allowed the State to "borrow" ten-percent of every workers net salary to help balance the budget. Supposedly, the money will be paid back on April 15th when the taxes are collected. Now they are saying they will probably issue "I.O.U." slips to people. Most people know that when you "borrow" something without asking it's called stealing. American's don't like Taxation without Representation. It's going to get angry before it all settles out. ~Andrew

Andrew,

You aren't lying brother. People here are pissed! :lol: Hopefully they'll pitch out Boxer and Finestein in the next election, but not likely. They have all the society slugs in LA and San Francisco who are living off the State dole in their pocket. Grrrr...And they wonder why this state is going down the tubes... :)

Wow guys after your comments I came across the following article, maybe England isn't too bad after all.

You've heard all the talk about "stimulus packages" and "bailouts"...A billion dollars...A hundred billion dollars...Eight hundred billion dollars...One TRILLION dollars...

( it then showed you pictures of what the money piles looked like)

We said "approximate" above because the actual debt is probably now over twelve trillion dollars. That works out to over $39,000 for every citizen - every man, woman, and child!

Those of you who are "expecting" or will be in the future, your child will be born owing the government over $39,000...plus interest.

If every one of the 307 million men, women, and children in the United States got together and decided to pay off that debt with individual 5%, 30-year "mortgages, each of us would have to pay $209.36 per month for a total of $75,369.60.

That means a family of four would have to pay $837.44 a month for a total of $301,478.40 -- over three hundred thousand dollars!!! And that's before living expenses like rent, housing, food, clothes, etc.

And for what?

So some bankers and automobile executives won't lose their jobs? So the government can take over banks and car companies and run them as horrendously as they do everything else?

And these people — our "representatives" — who have saddled us and our children with so much debt want to take over our health care and add trillions more to the debt? Are they insane?

At this rate, how high will the debt be when today's newborns become an adults at 18? How will they be able to live when so much of what they earn is taken in taxes to pay off debts they never agreed to?

Please, think about that, about what our "leaders" have done to us, to our economy, and to the freedoms that used to make America the greated nation on Earth. Think about the kind of life your children and grandchildren will have to endure.

Write to these people. Call their offices. Let them know what you think of what they are doing. And be sure to let them know that if they do not stop this madness, you'll be voting in the next election...for the other person.

Maybe that will get their attention.

Definetly some unrest there then...........

who have saddled us and our children with so much debt want to take over our health care and add trillions more to the debt? Are they insane?

Rightwing-US-politics-of-paranoia don't just bore me, they frighten me - no educated person, particularly someone claiming to be Christian, could see creation of a national health service as a threat. Beggars belief. :ph34r:

I don't know, looking at the two posts above, the first one appears to have a bit more education put into formulating the opinion, rather than just a response of "fear monger".

As far as National Health Care working, I wouldn't hold the UK as a shining example of it, to say the least. And yes, I have lived in the UK.

Right wing/conservative thinking is what has maintained the US citizens ability to keep their firearms without major government intrusion. Again, the UK is a far cry from a good example of freely owning fire arms.

But I digress, as this isn't a politcal forum...

How are those 168gr bullets shooting?

Rightwing-US-politics-of-paranoia don't just bore me, they frighten me - no educated person, particularly someone claiming to be Christian, could see creation of a national health service as a threat. Beggars belief. :)

Sorry Guys. This one doesn't go unanswered.

Well Brown Dog, the U.S Government operates the Indian Health Service. This is a medical system for the Native American populations of the United States. In a very real way, it's a microcosm of a Government run health care system. Why don't you do a little research on the "IHS" and see how efficient they are? You're "educated", right? Go do some homework. Until you finish this assignment, I forbid you to call anyone who doesn't want national Health, names.

Scotsgun: I agree. You're being too frugal with those bullets! Get busy. Ever try PRIVITI 165 grain BTSP?? They are really inexpensive here and I'm thinking of trying them. ~Andrew

Yeah, sorry. And you're a hell of a lot closer to Serbia then we are in Montana, too. I just took a look; $167 US/1000 and they're in stock. Maybe I can talk my Marine buddy into going halves on a thousand??? Now the 165 and 190 grn HP versions must shoot really well as they are flat sold out. I'm sure the 165 grain SP's are as accurate as any standard grade commercial bullet. ~Andrew

Andrew, I'm game. Can always use some plain jane fodder for the larder. Besides, I'm almost out of 168gr HPBTM's. I knew I should have picked up more of them when I had the chance. I doubt I'm going to see $13 a hundred for Hornady blems anytime soon... :P

BTW, Don't I still owe you some coin for half the 9.3 bullets?

Andrew, I'm game. Can always use some plain jane fodder for the larder. Besides, I'm almost out of 168gr HPBTM's. I knew I should have picked up more of them when I had the chance. I doubt I'm going to see $13 a hundred for Hornady blems anytime soon... :P

BTW, Don't I still owe you some coin for half the 9.3 bullets?

Yeah... But who's accounting? Order 1000 of the 165's , send me half, and we could be even enough to have it settled with a drink at the S.H.O.T show. :P ~Andrew

Archived