So in our absence, what have we all been up to?

Elwood

May as well get the ball rolling, I'm glad to see the site back and running, well done to all involved salvaging the boards.

Saturday was another shoot day for me, day No. 13 and still shooting just bloody Partridges!! only another 29 shoot days left, so I can see the light at the end of tunnel......................................not

Sunday I managed to get to Bisley, not to shoot but to pick up some reloading items from Norman Clark. I also met up with James Clark (kaleidescope on here) to pick up two sets of his newly made rings, very nice they are too.

Drooled over a Parker Hale M85 with S&B, the £3500 asking price brought me back down to earth :wacko:

Managed to get back in time to watch Mr Button become world champ.

Working, feeding pheasants, putting out pegs, varnishing a wooden floor, clearing ground for a storage container, painting my new shop windows, cutting firewood, trip to Luton airport at 4am Sat morning, all in all a quiet weekend, not!.

A

Sounds like a good weekend Ian.

I went foxing with Andy we managed to round up 5 charlies around Vern's pens.

Got a bit off a chill after being 4 hours on the back of the Landy.

Like you watched the Grand Prix this afternoon.

Just chilling now getting ready for work tomorrow.

See you next week at the club shoot no doubt.

Cheers

Dave

Went Varminting on Saturday.

Alot of the trees are losing their leaves now and that makes spotting any resting pigeons and crows alots easier.

I have a great little place , looking down on the tops of a line of manly Oak trees - the shots couldn't be safer.

Only thing is they are relatively close - the nearest trees are about 150 yrds and the furthest are just over 300.

I hit several pigeons mostly below 200 yds -- the impact is spectacular - feathers and shite everywhere.

Had a great day , then back home for the x factor ... :lol: sad I know

Alan

Partridge day yesterday, 187, six guns to drive the birds over so not to bad for the first day. Went stalking this morning, climbed into a seat at 06.30am,

fox dashing about after fezzers coming off roost, it stopped for a pee and then stopped an 85gr Sierra, left seat to stalk some fallow but it's so dry it's like walking on cornflakes, so it was a hands and knees job till a munty buck copped a Sierra as well.

Went this evening and waited next to a glade in the wood, no prickets but a good master crossed but let him go as he was too good to shoot and the rut's just started, and hopefully he'll produce some decent offspring. Watched some this years fawns gambolling about in the fading light, our polcy of shooting only menil and melanistic bucks and prickets seems to be working as the predominant colour seems is of a much lighter hue this year

Pete.

Went foxing Friday and we had 5 went foxing lastnight and had 11 biggest being 29 1/2 llb ,

Picture059.jpg

Today doing the house cleaning bit , oh yea been trooling shooting sights looking for info.

And back to work 2moro,

Hi all - first post on here but not my first post on a shooting forum! :lol:

Spent the weekend driving my 15 yr old lad to clay shoots. Yesterday up to Oxford GC and today to Aylesbury. I drive, pay his entry, buy his cartridges, feed him and enjoy another generation of my family seeming to enjoy shooting as much as I do!! (Can't afford to shoot shotgun myself.)

But we're really varminters at heart and payback time is when he lamps for me and spots via NV when I am enjoying myself!! :o

Fell like I spent half the weekend trying to sort out bullets for my reloading - Am I the only one who is driven nuts by having to phone people during office hours to find out what they have in stock and at what price?! Bushware used to do them and now apparently dont, leaving Midway who give aprice on line and will take an order....

Other half spent walking round our smallest shoot finding munties and that the birds were all flying in the oposite direction to expected as usual :lol:

HADNT HAD A SHOT ALL WEEK AND WAS HAVING WITHDRAWL SYMTOMS, SO GOT ON TO SOUTHERNER AND WENT FOR A BIT OF BUNNY BASHING , GOT FIFTEEN, NOT A HUGE BAG FOR HIS PERMISSION BUT HUGELY ENJOYABLE. I FEEL ALL CALM AND FUZZY NOW , UNTIL WEDS WHEN WERE OUT AGAIN .MMMMMM !!!!! SHOOTING, ITS THE NEW SEX !!!

I shot at severnside this weekend. Just a plinking session to check out a new rifle with a mate and check my zero. My mate came out of it with a tidy Parker Hale Midland .308 for £250, and I got to fire a .300 Win Mag for the first time. What a shock that was, them things are sharp (it was a sub 6lb sporter with a hard plastic butt pad). I only took 2 shots, could have managed a few more without flinching but not many!

in our absence?

"salvaged" the boards?? so what happened?

as for what been up to ......watching wife giveb irth to son no2 "Callum"

born this morning at 01.49 healthy 8lb 13oz

no shooting ...boo hoo

sauer

in our absence?

"salvaged" the boards?? so what happened?

as for what been up to ......watching wife giveb irth to son no2 "Callum"

born this morning at 01.49 healthy 8lb 13oz

no shooting ...boo hoo

sauer

Congrats on that one mate ,

All the best Andy

Congratulations Sauer, hope Mum & Callum doing well :lol:

Went out foxing a couple of times over the weekend, didn't see a thing. Still got a lot of maize not cut yet :lol: Hopefully getting cut this week ;)

And to be honest I missed you lot. :lol:

Cheers Steve

Congratulations on the new arrival Sauer!

Myself, I had a couple of trees to fell at a friends summer cabin on the coast. I got up early and took my 12 bore for a crack at the gulls,crows,cormorants etc down there.Haven't shot with a shotgun for over 2 years but still managed 2 crows for 3 shots fired :rolleyes: Tried the crow call that I have had for 15 years and never used just for a laugh and managed to call in two straight away! Well chuffed.

ATB Toby

Archived