Barnard Triggers

Tikka 260

Hi All

Does anyone have any experience with Barnard triggers for the Tikka 595, and /or for the Sako 75? I know that they do one for the Tikka, and it will be a bonus if anyone has ever fitted one to a Sako 75.

I am asking Barnard the same question in the meantime, and I'll post any info when I get it from them.

ATB

Peter

Hi All

Does anyone have any experience with Barnard triggers for the Tikka 595, and /or for the Sako 75? I know that they do one for the Tikka, and it will be a bonus if anyone has ever fitted one to a Sako 75.

I am asking Barnard the same question in the meantime, and I'll post any info when I get it from them.

ATB

Peter

http://www.mtguns.com/repl__trigger.htm

Desnt mention the Sako 75 though. Bugger got me excited then :) . Ive got two 75's and hate the trigger on them.

Ads

Response from Barnard is that the Tikka 595 trigger exists, and can be ordered through Brian Fox, who is their agent in UK.

They are not sure about the Sako 75 suitability, so I shall get one for the Tikka, and then see if it can be adapted for the Sako 75, ( I am not optimistic).

Peter Jackson is not making the CG Triggers at present due to pressures elsewhere in his manufacturing, so the options are very limited. Shame there isn't a good aftermarket trigger for the Sakos, the factory trigger is OK, but only OK, certainly nothing special IMHO,even after changing springs and honing etc etc .

Peter

I havent examined either side by side (Sako 75 and Tikka 595) yet.

However, I have two in at the moment so will do, I imagine that the triggers are very similar....

However, I have two in at the moment so will do, I imagine that the triggers are very similar....

Ronin,

I would be very interested in hearing about your findings :o

Ads

The sear height is ever so slightly different Andy. I had them both apart a couple of years back, when trying to fit a jard to a 595. i failed.

Jard.

Recent experience tells me that a Jard is to be approached VERY carefully. If you want a Jard for a Sako 75, I have one that you can have for free. It didn't work safely in a hunting rifle, being prone to slam fire at 1.5 lbs release pressure. Dasherman spent considerable time on it, and in the end we elected to stay with the factory trigger with a lighter spring. etc etc .

Thats why I am still looking for a decent trigger :D

I find it hard to believe people not liking sako triggers! my 2 sako's (75 & 85) both have far better triggers than a few jewel triggers i have used!!!!!!! however no where near as good as RPA or the cg triggers! I have been known to sell numerous guns or buy a gun purely because of the triggers!

Its a shame that Jacksons havent pulled their fingers out with the sako CG trigger as they would sell loads of them.

The sear height is ever so slightly different Andy. I had them both apart a couple of years back, when trying to fit a jard to a 595. i failed.

Well thats saved me an afternoon messing about :D

Recent experience tells me that a Jard is to be approached VERY carefully. If you want a Jard for a Sako 75, I have one that you can have for free. It didn't work safely in a hunting rifle, being prone to slam fire at 1.5 lbs release pressure. Dasherman spent considerable time on it, and in the end we elected to stay with the factory trigger with a lighter spring. etc etc .

Thats why I am still looking for a decent trigger :D

Didn,t you send that back to us ?

Didn,t you send that back to us ?

Nope, I didn't Dave, as it has been subject to attempts to get it to work, it hardly seems reasonable to expect a refund on the basis of my word that it didn't want to play safely on a stalking rifle. I (we) thought at the time that it is probably OK for a Target type rifle , not subject to the rigours of normal stalking activity.

It is in my 'bits and pieces ' tray .

As the man used to say " You can't buy experience, but you usually have to pay for it "

Ho Hum.... write it off to experience.

ATB

Peter

Only just spotted this Peter.

If the trigger wasn,t safe buddy, and as i understand it, dasherman tried it [which is good enough for me ] It isn,t fit for sale. Please send it back to us, i,m certain Roger would not want an unsatisfied customer. He will want to refund you i,m sure.

Only just spotted this Peter.

If the trigger wasn,t safe buddy, and as i understand it, dasherman tried it [which is good enough for me ] It isn,t fit for sale. Please send it back to us, i,m certain Roger would not want an unsatisfied customer. He will want to refund you i,m sure.

Thanks for that Dave, and Yes, Dasherman made every effort, I'll send it back this week, and please excuse the delay in responding, I am afraid the dreaded "Work" word got in the way last week.

I am looking seriously at a Barnard trigger for the 595, but unsure if it has a safety incorporated or if it is a Match/Bench type trigger with no requirement for a safety. I have asked Brian Fox, and await reply from NZ in the fullness of time.

I am thinking that there is maybe a niche in the market somewhere for a decent trigger to go on Tikka/Sako rifles, as a few Folk are using these essentially good factory actions for semi custom upgrades. Any enterprising Takers out there ? Perhaps Barnard will pick up the ball and run with it .....

The difficulty seems to be the US market where they appear to compare the factory Tikka/Sako trigger very favourably with a Remmy factory trigger, and ignore what could be achieved ........ no comparison IMHO. Jewel is out, as they are just churning out what Arnold Jewel came up with for the Remmy action, and Arnold is no longer there. Shilen ?... any other ideas. ?

ATB

Peter

I,m guessing the 85 trigger may fit, which has a set facility, and is very nice indeed Peter. I had one in bits a couple of weeks ago. Cant say for certain, but the housings , from memory, looked identical.

Archived