10/22........sort of...

baldie

Just finished this fella today. I needed a new semi auto for next season in gallery rifle etc. The old buckmark has served exceptionally well, but lacked the required accuracy at 30 yards.

This barrelled action was Rogers, and hadn,t been shot in 4 years. I pestered him enough, until he parted with it.

This is a volquartsen superlight reciever, serial number 000001. :lol: ker-ching :)

Its fitted with a volquartsen "snake" barrel. Probarbly the most accurate semi barrel made [certainly the most bloody expensive ]

The trigger is an STI super match, which is identical to the kidd unit, and its sat in a boyd,s evolution stock.

The paintwork is duracoat orange sherbert, and is a lot more "orange" than in the pic. I wanted to recreate the custom feel that the solid block of colour customs have in the car world etc.

Just waiting for an nxs 3.5-10 x24 with the qcb ret for it now.

The colour almost made roger barf. :)

cid_5BD3A919-EB43-47F8-B95F-6C59171.jpg

love it or hate it.....it does have the "what the f**k " factor.

Guest varmartin

Thats very nice ...but what the f*** are you gonna ware when you shoot it ... :)

Well done buddy for having the Balls to display it to all on here ....gets my vote :lol:

My mate bought me "the cannonball run" on dvd, John, and i watched it last night.Haven,t seen it in years, and i was crying with laughter. :wacko:

The wife now knows where half my daft sayings come from.. :P

Baldie: Wow man. Your taste is all in your mouth! :wacko:

This is my abomination of a 10/22 and it looks like a pansy light-weight compared to your efforts. This is "The Squirrelinator". It has a Green Mountain 1-18" twist barrel which is remarkably accurate.

TheSquirrelinatorRED2.jpg

These are ten-shot groups using over the counter non-match ammo at 50M.

TargetssquirrelinatorRED-1.jpg

Let's see some targets from your new beauty, eh? ~Andrew

Thats a nice rifle Andrew. We are the UK agent for green mountain, and rate them very highly.

As soon as the scope appears, its gonna get tested.....then i can make them all puke at the range too..... :wacko:

Seriously, i picked this colour [which is better than the pic ] because its different. I have a cupboard full of hunting/tactical rifles in greens, browns, cammo,s, and black. This is purely a target/gallery rifle. Its also an advert for the shop [rightly, or wrongly ] so i wanted it to be an eyecatcher, again, rightly or wrongly. One thing its guaranteed to do, however, is merit a second glance, and a chat to a potential customer off the back of it.

I personally like it very much.

Very nice toys guys. Seems the sky's the limit modifying 10-22s (bit like Harleys..)

Here's my sporter that's "slightly" modified. My father-in-law gave it to me as a std gun and as I already had a stainless synthetic 10-22, decided to do something with it. The short factory stock is a real pain, as is the factory trigger. A Volquartsen fixed the latter and my US mate sent out a basic plastic stock. There is an outfit in Auckland that converts a factory barrel into a fully-sleeved mod'd barrel (? with EDM perforating) so had this done.

Once assembled, the thing shot like crap and it didn't take long to figure out why. The action could be moved about under pressure in the stock and the flexy forend wasn't helping so I was forced to bed the whole thing including barrel after stiffening the forend. Groups shrunk dramatically and it averages prob 5/8" groups at 50yds. Nowhere near the target guns you guys are showing off but more than enough to give the local varmints a rev-up.

Chris-NZ

Thats a nice rifle Andrew. We are the UK agent for green mountain, and rate them very highly.

As soon as the scope appears, its gonna get tested.....then i can make them all puke at the range too..... :lol:

Seriously, i picked this colour [which is better than the pic ] because its different. I have a cupboard full of hunting/tactical rifles in greens, browns, cammo,s, and black. This is purely a target/gallery rifle. Its also an advert for the shop [rightly, or wrongly ] so i wanted it to be an eyecatcher, again, rightly or wrongly. One thing its guaranteed to do, however, is merit a second glance, and a chat to a potential customer off the back of it.

I personally like it very much.

I'm only teasing about the color. I used to shoot 500M metallic silhouette competition and the style then was to paint them to be as eye catching as possible. I know what you're after.

Yes, Green Mountain are good barrels and for the money, I'll put them up against any. Marine PMI and I used to do quite a bit of barrel testing for them. I just ordered a 20 cal barrel blank for a 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum custom I have in mind. Glad you're handling them.~Andrew

We,ve been doing them for a number of years now Andrew, and have always been very pleased with their products and service. They are in fact, making a batch of barrels specifically for us at the moment with our name, design etc. Great guys.

I cant find anything out about the 5mm rimmy though over here unfortunatly. The main player [who i think it will be ] is keeping very tight lipped about it. I KNOW it would sell here.

Archived