Zeiss Victory Diavari 6-24x56T LOTU TEC

Barrelsniffer

Hi Mick,

I have got two Zeiss scopes, the 6-24 x 56 and the 6-24 x 72. Both are superb and I can highly recommend them, I had NXS scopes and there is no comparison in terms of quality between the Zeiss.

As an example of how good these scoped are, with the NXS I could never go above about 14 x when lamping but with the Zeiss I am able to use the 24X with no problems at all, I have also had 4 local keepers go out and buy the Zeiss x 56 after they had a look at mine!!

I have got the illuminated no 40 reticle which is brilliant for lamping and long range work, I have used the 72 out to 600yards in F class comps very succesfully and repeatability is very good.

All in all you wont go wrong with one of these scopes, I would definately buy another.

By the way the Zeiss came top in a test of foxing scopes carried out by Bruce Potts for Shooting Times, ok this is subjective but it is another plus for the Zeiss.

The only downside at the moment is that the Euro is crap at the moment.

Regards

Nick.

I have 2 and they are fantastic! would certainly buy another! they are far better than NF, Leup and to me they just tip the scale of S&B.

I have used one in the German forests several times under moon light...

I would love another!

Zeiss beats the NF in glass quality I agree but thats where it stops. Not studied the zeiss range for a while but I believe you are stuck with the metric system for dialling etc,correct me if I,m wrong please?Most of us I think work with MOA and I personally found it a pain to work with the two and is why i eventually ditched my Hensoldt Zeiss but yeah superb scope!Onehole.

Oh yeah,20ppc no offence but do you really need above 14 mag at night!?

As Nick says, a great bit of kit. I've got the 56 with the illuminated 60 reticle, though in hindsight I probably would have got the 72.

Once you've got used to one of these, there's no point trying anything else. I've used it on pretty much everything from deer, foxes, crows and rabbits in all different light conditions and it has performed faultlessly. (on different rifles).

The actual design and layout of the scope works perfectly, with the adjustable illumination on the reticle being a particularly good idea.

The turret adjustments come in useful 0.5cm increments - I read an article of someone who bought a S&B 5-25 and ended up with 1cm clicks, not much use for shooting long range rabbits which is what he bought it for!

The other downside is that you will want to upgrade your other scopes to the Zeiss!

up until last week zeiss would be one to go for as they were still lot cheaper than swarovski an S&B

BUT....

i been informed by someone known to me whose looking at a new scope that Zeiss have cottened on to this and

guess what??

prices up right across the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

had to increase apparently due to strenght of the euro

bugger!!!

sauer

Guest martin

I've had one for a month or so,and,I have been totally amazed by it,and,that is after trying a NF as well,it was like chalk and cheese with the Zeiss head and shoulders better than the NF....................Martin.

Worth a look at the Hensoldt version as well with 34mm tube. Once saw a Zeiss VM/V with "slight" ring marks - crushed the tube. Hensoldt may have a thicker tube. Very impressive glass though.

David.

My shooting partner had a NF scope for a while amd I have used it many times..

Whilst fine for day time target shooting, I have not been impressed with their performance at dust or on the lamp. We conpared it to my Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 and there was little difference.

My mate sold it and now owns 2 Zeiss 6-24x56 scopes ( same as me )

Personally ( and I hope I dont upset anybody with one of these ) I wouldn't pay top money for a NF when the optics are so much worse than tha similarly priced Zeiss.

Alan

So hows dave doing alan ? not seen him in yrs,is he still living at same place i mentioned in email ?

My shooting partner had a NF scope for a while amd I have used it many times..

Whilst fine for day time target shooting, I have not been impressed with their performance at dust or on the lamp. We conpared it to my Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 and there was little difference.

My mate sold it and now owns 2 Zeiss 6-24x56 scopes ( same as me )

Personally ( and I hope I dont upset anybody with one of these ) I wouldn't pay top money for a NF when the optics are so much worse than tha similarly priced Zeiss.

Alan

Archived