Update for AI AW!!

foxing2night

Well i have had a lot of good results at 600yrd comps and in the varmint fields??

So i thought that i would invest in a new front rest :)

Nothing like this is made in the uk?? So i had to get one from Canada!!!!

To say that they are awsome would be an understatement to say the least,,,,,

Adjustable in every way,, hieght, cant, and at the turn of one lever it comes off??

Anyway enough said,, Here are the pic,s

gunpics041.jpg

gunpics042.jpg

gunpics045.jpg

untitled.jpg

gunpics039.jpg

I only got this this morning so i will post some results as soon as i can????

F2n ;)

Hi F2n,

Looks excellent. I was thinikg about one but have decided to go for the poor mans version - Sinclair F Class bipod.

I will be very interested in your report as I intend to use the Sinclair version in next years international plod comp - noticed the Germans with big heavy box section front rest contraptions this year, so I though if I can't beat them - join them (well except I did beat them).

On the AI rifle thing - In the end I kept the faith, just 'upgrading' the 338 for a AW50.

David.

Looks a fine piece of kit Darrel. Hope it serves you well.

I've just started to use the Sinclair bipod for F class and am most impressed.

Yours seem to be on a similar theme to the Sinclair but I do like that wheel adjustment for height.

I've found it knocks spots off using a Harris and is far more stable.

good luck and let us know how you get on with it.

Perhaps a review?

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the link you sent me Darrel. Now i,ve seen the pics of yours on the gun, i,m certain thats what would do nicely on the .338.

Anyone want to buy a kidney...or a small child ? :)

Cheer,s gents,,

I will do a report as soon as i get a chance???

To be honest!! i have never seen one as good as this??? :lol::)

Not only is it adjustable,, but each time you adjust it, you can then lock it up so that there is no chance of it moving??? And very user friendly!!!!

The only thing that might not be friendly is the wife when she finds out what i paid for it?? :);)

Dave, Thank you for making us both wellcome the other day!!! Cheer,s my mate :D;)

Stand by for the update???

P.S. I think that all that it needs now is camoing up

All the best Darrel

Hi F2n,

Looks excellent. I was thinikg about one but have decided to go for the poor mans version - Sinclair F Class bipod.

I will be very interested in your report as I intend to use the Sinclair version in next years international plod comp - noticed the Germans with big heavy box section front rest contraptions this year, so I though if I can't beat them - join them (well except I did beat them).

On the AI rifle thing - In the end I kept the faith, just 'upgrading' the 338 for a AW50.

David.

David, I am glad that you kept the AI,,,,

I think that you might of made a bad move selling it???

Ya got to love em :);)

Darrel

Hi Darrel

looks impressive, alot of the FTR chaps in F Class are using these (or similar) designed "bipods" - they do work, the way you and the AW are shooting at the moment, I would urge you to enter the GB F Class competition - maybe too late this year to be in the running but please consider it.

There are a few guys running "straight" guns and doing well, you would be competative.

Am I right in thinking the bipod fits to the slot / anchutz rail using the two twist screw fitments ?

And, if one were to consider fitting one to a rifle with only a bipod spigot, would you be able to fit it ?

Hi Darrel

looks impressive, alot of the FTR chaps in F Class are using these (or similar) designed "bipods" - they do work, the way you and the AW are shooting at the moment, I would urge you to enter the GB F Class competition - maybe too late this year to be in the running but please consider it.

There are a few guys running "straight" guns and doing well, you would be competative.

Am I right in thinking the bipod fits to the slot / anchutz rail using the two twist screw fitments ?

And, if one were to consider fitting one to a rifle with only a bipod spigot, would you be able to fit it ?

Hi Andy,

Andy, i have seen some of the other ski bipods,,,, But to be honest this one is awesome!!!

I know that it is dear to buy but in shooting these days what is,unt !!!!!

Andy,, If you look at the pic,s,,, You will see that there is a block already fitted into the rail and with a twist of the handle on the front the cam locks or unlocks it all up,,,,

One of the pics was taken before i fitted it on to the rifle,,, This has confused people???

All you have to do is order adapters,, then you can swap from gun to gun,, These are 20$ each

I will do a better photo as soon as i can???

I have thought about the ftr class,, But to be honest I like to do a few comps but i spend most of my time down on the farm shooting!!!!! Then there is the cost,, deisel, food ,entry fee,s, ammo??? it all starts to get exspensive!!!!

I will get the photo,s done soon,,,,,, All the best Darrel

Hi Gents,

Here to all that asked are some pic,s of the way the front rest attatches to the rifle??

First the female on the rifle

gunpics059.jpg

gunpics060.jpg

Second the male and the cam lock on the rest,,

gunpics058.jpg

gunpics056.jpg

As you can see the silver handle when turned from one side to the other locks it all in place

All the best Darrel

Archived