Scope elevation

onpar

I hope this isn't too naive a question.

Acquired a new scope recently and set it up on my rifle. The total elevation range on the scope is circa 30 Mil, When zeroed in, I have 10 Mil up elevation and 20 Mil down elevation. This doesn't seem right to me. 10 Mil up elevation seems on the low side. If it was down elevation, I could understand.

I suggest you get a set of rings that have offsets in them such as the following - https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/burris-xtr-signature-rings-1-inch-30mm-34mm-30mm-high

then you can tune where your scope is pointing relative to the barrel axis.

I see these for sale on this site - 

Regards

JCS

Simple really: Assuming your rings are clamping onto a pic rail you could use, as I do with no issues on a 6.5cm, a pic-to-pic rail with built in 20moa cant.

UTG make them at a very reasonable price, about £30.

If you don't fancy that get yourself a mono mount with built in cant. 

Take a hit and go for SPUHR mounts with enough angle to compensate for the loss of adjustment. Hopefully then you’ll have all the scopes adjustment to play with. 
That’s if I’ve read the post correctly??

cheers

In answer to your OP It only requires a few thou to create the "off centre" zero you report.  A combination of ring and rail (or dovetail, you don't mention either),  can easily set the scope "off".

Plus one for a Spuhr mount.   Expensive but there's nothing better.

I’ve put a Schmidt and bender scope on my rimfire 22 and hmr with medium mounts and used up between 9 and 11 mils of its range to set the zero. 
10 mils to play with in your original post would get you to 975 yards in 308cal . 
Most people recommend a 6 mil or 20 moa rail as a starting point anyway. 
Make sure there’s enough clearance between barrel and scope so might need higher mounts ie 38mm .

Thank you all for your advice. I was worried that there may have been a problem with the scope, as the scope was a warranty replacement following an unrelated issue with the previous one, which had lost it's point of impact by some 100cms at 100 yards?. No explanantion provided by manufacturer as to why it happened.

I thought 20 Mil up adjustment was excessive.

I am limited with mounts as it is a CZ with 16mil dovetail from what I can make out. I currently have a one piece specific Kozap mount for it. For the distances I shoot at 10 Mil is probably ample enough.

Thank you all for invaluable advice.