Manners Stock - Build or Sell?

Have you an action already ?

Any thoughts yourself of what you want and what your gonna use it for?

If its for sale give me a shout

cheers Andy :D

i dont know much about the ins and outs of custom parts but my rifle is being made off of a stiller action which is a remington footprint so i think it should fit your stock. as for barrels most top makes are all good. So you have a short action many custom actions are a remington footprint theres also the choice if you it to be a repeater or single shot.

can i ask where has your screen name came from "stenbiter"?

liam

Looks like a MCS T3 to me.

These are very good stocks, made from carbon fibre - I have two on my own rifles (MCS GAT and a MCS T4a)

I prefer them to Mcmillan, although they are harder to work with (the carbon fibre is a baxxard to relieve if the barrel channel is tight)

Looks like a standard Rem S/A inlett with maybe a BDL bottom inlet.

If you dont want it, please let me know.

Personally I think it would suit a stalker or varmint rifle with a medium weight barrel - if it were mine, I would sit on it and save up for a build.

These are very solid and strong stocks.

But do need painting if you dont like the colour.

From my last conversation with Tom Manners (two weeks ago), he is not shipping anymore to the UK (to personal importers) although it can be done "indirectly" via a third party.

But do need painting if you dont like the colour.

would that be a duracoat finish or would that type of stock take a paint type finish ronin

We,ve just ordered 20 this morning, from him, Ronin, and we had to get an export license sorted out, a while ago for them. It seems that the american authorities are now starting to enforce their own laws.

That was the gist of what Tom told me that he would not risk exporting to private individuals outside the USA - he had issues with some F Class stocks that US authorities considered to be "militaristic"

Go figure.

I was fortunate that I arranged for a third party to deliver to me, I may not be so lucky next time, which is a shame as Manners are damn fine stocks (think you have ascertained I like them)

Anyone know who the manufacturer of this action is

Does anyone have a "custom" short remington style action for sale that would be suitable for a build on this stock?

post-7990-1243456521_thumb.jpg

Yep! its a Borden Timberline (Long Action) with one of the early style custom bolt handles.

http://www.bordenrifles.com/Alpine_Timberline_actions.html

I built my last rifle around one :mad:

Ian

You will get a Timberline or Alpine from PRS in Scotland.

Any Rem clone will fit the stock (some BATs, Lawton, Surgeon, RPA, Barnard SM, etc)

Baldie,

cheers :mad::o

would that be a duracoat finish or would that type of stock take a paint type finish ronin

Manners use Polane as their standard finish - I believe this is the bulk parent of Duracoat.

Tom Manners sent me some a while back when I modified one of my GAT stocks. Great company to deal with, pity about the export license issues now.

TC

Archived