Auto trickler V2/3/4 or alternative

m1chaelw

Afternoon

I’m currently looking at speeding up my reloading so I can get to the range more often , one area I’m looking to speed things up is the powder throwing . 

I currently have a charge master which I use to coarse throw , then I go on to my A&D fx-300i / manual trickler & tweezers to get my exact weight. 

charge tolerance wise I’m wanting to hit my desired weight +0/-0.02 grains. 

I’m not wanting to drop 1k on the super trickler but I’m keen to hear people’s thoughts on :

- Option 1 Auto tricker V4

- Option 2 Find a used Auto trickler V2 or V3 and add an ingenuity powder meter. 

watched a ton of YouTube videos on the matter and I’m torn , anyone had both ? 

All the best 

Mike 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 4:16 PM, m1chaelw said:

Afternoon

I’m currently looking at speeding up my reloading so I can get to the range more often , one area I’m looking to speed things up is the powder throwing . 

I currently have a charge master which I use to coarse throw , then I go on to my A&D fx-300i / manual trickler & tweezers to get my exact weight. 

charge tolerance wise I’m wanting to hit my desired weight +0/-0.02 grains. 

I’m not wanting to drop 1k on the super trickler but I’m keen to hear people’s thoughts on :

- Option 1 Auto tricker V4

- Option 2 Find a used Auto trickler V2 or V3 and add an ingenuity powder meter. 

watched a ton of YouTube videos on the matter and I’m torn , anyone had both ? 

All the best 

Mike 

Always bang on.

V4 trickler is a bit hit and miss with N150 even after playing around with settings and a washer under the back rubber mount , perfect with N135 though. Usually drops a bit too much just in the final trickle so dump it and try again. Have done all the calibration s etc and played around with the  settings for main and trickle and also where it changes to trickle. Got the updated version too. Still quicker than the old way . 

I have tried and tried again to make my auto v2 work but living in an old house the AD scales just won’t work 

And yes some one much clever than me has tried and they are having great results but not with mine 

im using RCBS 10 10 scales then check again on RCBS 1500 Auto scales and check waits 

its a slow process 

im now thinking AD scales but low end I’m mainly reloading for Fclas open so an es of single figures is were I’m going all the time.

i love my V4 it was ordered ( plus one for my mate ) on Thursday 10/8/23 and and received both Monday 14/8/23 the A&D was ordered at the same time from the UK and turned up an hour later. I cant fault the delivery after reading all the times quoted about waiting times from various forums four days i was actually gobsmacked.

• 1 month later...

Per email from the company there is no current wait for autotricker v4s shipping from Canada.

Autotrickler plus an extra shot glass and shipping came to US$540 which hit my credit card as £445.65. Will see if I get any fees on import but not expecting to from other comments here.

Enjoy your new toy mate it will come straight to your door. 
Had to read up on the software updates regarding calibration and the flow setting s . Also adjusted the run up times for main feed to slow feed and the transition times/weight s to get it to work better on N150 . 
N135 was great with standard setting. 
Start with all the dots at midpoint .

used the memories for n135/140/540/150 powders. 
Make sure the scales are well warmed up before you use them. An hour turned on beforehand will help. 
cheers 

1 hour ago, gjd said:

My came a month or so ago.

Import duty with scales added £104 and some penny's 

Worth it in my opinion 

I think the import duty only applies over a certain amount. I paid some but I think it was because I ordered two one for me and one for my mate to save postage 

• 2 weeks later...

Came with ups they pay duty and send you bill it makes delivery quicker, I have another delivery with parcel farce sat in customs for three weeks waiting for someone to do there job .so ups for all my delivery's in future

• 2 weeks later...