6.5 Creedmoor load data

I now have my shiny new Sabatti STR FC chambered in 6.5 creedmoor, and following advice on here etc have bought 3 kilos of N555 and 500off 140grn ELD match bullets. The ELD match bullets performed outstandingly well in my .308W and .300WM Sabattis so are very much my go to bullet.

Unfortunately load data seems a tad thin on the ground for this combination and VihtaVuori don't seem to even acknowledge the existence of this fine projectile, unless I'm missing something? 

Unfortunately the Hornady manual doesn't appear on their website for free!  Bit of a bummer really

1 hour ago, Ralpharama said:

... have bought 3 kilos of N555 and 500off 140grn ELD match bullets...

Unfortunately load data seems a tad thin on the ground for this combination and VihtaVuori don't seem to even acknowledge the existence of this fine projectile, unless I'm missing something? 

Using some default metrics and the presumption of a 24" barrel, you would be looking somewhere in the region of 43gr of N555.  (At a low of 40gr there would be a 150ft/s reduction in velocity)

image.thumb.png.1a3e2cca78e4f6c761d38e6002bff0bd.png

This closely corresponds to Vihtavuori's own data using a similar weighted projectile.

Taken from https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading-data-tool-rifle-handgun-cowboy-action-shooting:

image.thumb.png.7fc5951b8f9b19cf6c3c1ba06b8d6e75.png

5 hours ago, Ralpharama said:

Many thanks for that.

It is a Sabatti with a 28" barrel. That presumably would give me a little more speed for the same charge?

My calculator expects the extra length of your barrel to be worth an extra 100ft/s approximately.

• 2 weeks later...

I've settled on 43.7 grns of N555 which is sending the 140grn ELD-Ms out at at an average of 2830FPS with an SD of 9 and a spread of 28 over 8 rounds. It was grouping nicely at 900metres yesterday which made me very happy. The trigger on the new STR FC is a dream. 

Thanks for all the help lads ... next I have to experiment with seating depth :)

18 hours ago, Ralpharama said:

I've settled on 43.7 grns of N555 which is sending the 140grn ELD-Ms out at at an average of 2830FPS with an SD of 9 and a spread of 28 over 8 rounds. It was grouping nicely at 900metres yesterday which made me very happy...

Thanks for confirming my load data, I even called the extra barrel length velocity too... it's always good to hear when the real-life numbers of a custom load has matched up to the predicted expectations.