rifle insurance

lambsey

Anybody got a good insurance company that will insure guns,scopes etc??? dont think it comes under household??

Hi Lambsey

You will find if you speak to your contents insurance provider they will normally cover them, but will obviously require receipts or a valuation. Will affect your premium :D;)

Depending on quantity, value and your individual policy provider you may already be covered, failing that I believe various companies offer separate cover ie BASC ?? Others may be able to advise further on these.

Cheers Steve

Get the impression most have a £1500 single item ceiling but the house insurance will usually cover them if you provide serial numbers and details, mine do.

If yours are worth more then again I think they will add it but obviously at additional cost.

is it an idea to see if we can find somebody who will do personal insurance for firearms as i know as a ngo member i aint covered for that which promotes growth and vigour

even better what about a few names and trying to get a group discount on seperate insurance

i can do some digging on the net if you want

Mine are all insured under the NFU household insurance, I believe any individual item up to £5000.

Another vote for NFU, most of there members have guns of some sort and are used to the risk. There is a limit over which you have to provide a valuation but these can be from your local gunshop etc.

A

Another vote for NFU, most of there members have guns of some sort and are used to the risk. There is a limit over which you have to provide a valuation but these can be from your local gunshop etc.

A

ill contact the nfu then

Spud

you are unlikely to get a discount as you are not offering any significant business and most on here have expensive custom rifles/scopes etc, which is bad business for an insurer. Even the likes of BASC and BDS struggle to get much discount and they are into the tens of thousands of members not just twenty or thirty or so.

I have both NFU and a separate Liverpool Victoria insuranc to cover mine and the premiums are very reasonable and they pay out on claims ( very important fact), I have also had a reasonably good experience with Norwich Union ( now Aviva) as well with a damaged shotgun.

Dont want to damp your enthusiasm but as above your not going to get very much off I'm afraid.

Redfox

Archived