Wind and Strelok Pro

I would like to add wind and maybe temperature via bluetooth to Strelok Pro on my phone to help me shooting longer range. The most obvious Kestrel instruments, I have seen are way out of my limited budget, but I get the impression that much of what you are paying for is the ballistic calculation which Strelok does already. I just want something to read the wind strength and maybe temperature and pass said information to my phone so I can dial it into the scope and shoot nothing but V bulls 🤣   I can make up a cradle with a vane to hold an instrument so that it actually points with the axle parallel to the wind rather that hold it up with my puddy hoping to get it more or less right. I'm bound to have some stuff kicking around the workshop for such fabrication. 😃  

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, Jeffo1960 said:

I have the blue weather meter, and vane only used it a couple of times you can try it out if you like when we are at 1 of the mod ranges next

Thanks Jeff.

If the weather's OK I'm going to Rogiet with Monmouth (Guests of Muzzle Loaders) on Sunday, as tomorrows shoot was cancelled. Also going to Warminster on Saturday with Wessex.

Hi there lads

Im using a kestrel 2500 on a vane on a camera tripod and manually put info into StrelokPro. Often find StrelokPro gives far too much wind click’s so I start at half of what it says then build up to get on target . Kestrel does wind speed, temperature , pressure etc , compare the windmeter to StrelokPro s own get weather info button. Shooting to 300+ doesn’t need much compensation but 600 and beyond to a 1000 will . Trued up StrelokPro when shooting at eskdalemuir to the actual drop by tweaking bc when I’ve measured and put in the actual fps speed. Or if your happy with the bc info just tweak your speed to match up actual drop to predicted drop . In a 308 my prediction  at 300 will be at most .2 mils out depending on weather. So no big deal .

Cheers 

36 minutes ago, Richiew said:

Hi there lads

Im using a kestrel 2500 on a vane on a camera tripod and manually put info into StrelokPro. Often find StrelokPro gives far too much wind click’s so I start at half of what it says then build up to get on target . Kestrel does wind speed, temperature , pressure etc , compare the windmeter to StrelokPro s own get weather info button. Shooting to 300+ doesn’t need much compensation but 600 and beyond to a 1000 will . Trued up StrelokPro when shooting at eskdalemuir to the actual drop by tweaking bc when I’ve measured and put in the actual fps speed. Or if your happy with the bc info just tweak your speed to match up actual drop to predicted drop . In a 308 my prediction  at 300 will be at most .2 mils out depending on weather. So no big deal .

Cheers 

Ultimately any wind measurement at the firing line is just that - at the firing line.  Certainly wind over the first 1/3rd of the range (at middling ranges) is the biggest influence but judging effects down range without the use of wind flags is next to impossible (especially at Esk. T4 with that bowl shape).  I have a Kestrel for basic wind measurements but I've found a bit of experience with wind flags at Bisley to be far superior to just Kestrel at the line.